Lake White State Park Information (Geography)
|Lake White State Park|
Lake White under repair
|Location||Pike County, Ohio, USA|
LAKE WHITE STATE PARK Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||Land: 92 acres (37 ha)|
Water: 337 acres (136 ha)
|Governing body||Ohio Department of Natural Resources|
Part of Lake White State Park includes the remains of the old Ohio and Erie Canal channel. The lake was built during the Great Depression by the Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.). Most of the land surrounding the lake is privately owned.  Lake White was officially dedicated as a state park in 1949 when the Division of Parks and Recreation was created. 
In August 2014, the dam showed signs of leaking and required major repairs. The lake was drained to allow for the process to begin.  In July 2015, the Ohio Department of Transportation announced the awarding of a contract to fix the dam and the bridge that goes over it. 
- "Lake White State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Lake White State Park". Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- "Lake White". Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Wildlife. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- "Lake White State Park: History". Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- Caitlin Turner (September 2, 2014). "Lake White State Park closes as dam fixes continue". Chillicothe Gazette. Retrieved June 10, 2017.
- "Wheels in motion for Lake White improvement project" (Press release). Ohio Department of Transportation. July 16, 2015. Retrieved June 10, 2017.
- Lake White State Park Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Lake White State Park Map Ohio Department of Natural Resources
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lake White State Park.|