East Shore of Lake Lawtonka at Sunset, with Canada Geese. Mount Scott in Background. Photo by Schyler, August 1, 2011.
|Location||Comanche County, Oklahoma|
LAKE LAWTONKA Latitude and Longitude:
|Primary inflows||Medicine Creek|
|Primary outflows||Medicine Creek|
|Catchment area||92 sq mi (240 km2)|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Managing agency||City of Lawton|
|Surface area||2,325 acres (941 ha)|
|Average depth||23.6 ft (7.2 m)|
|Max. depth||58.4 ft (17.8 m)|
|Water volume||63,000 acre⋅ft (0.078 km3)|
|Shore length1||19.2 mi (30.9 km)|
|Surface elevation||1,345.55 ft (410.12 m)|
|Settlements||Lawton, Medicine Park, Meers|
|References||  |
|1 Shore length is not a well-defined measure.|
The lake is 2 square miles (5 square kilometers) in area. It is formed by a dam 60 feet (18 meters) high and 375 feet (114 meters) long across Medicine Bluff Creek.   The lake provides the water supply for Fort Sill and Lawton to the south. 
- Oklahoma Water Resource Board. "Hydrographical Survey of Lake Lawtonka (2006)" (pdf). Retrieved 2010-05-15.
- "Lake Lawtonka" (pdf). Oklahoma Water Resources Board ~ Beneficial Use Monitoring Program (BUMP). Oklahoma State Portal ~ OK.gov. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Lake Lawtonka Map". Oklahoma Water Resources Board ~ Lakes Of Oklahoma. Oklahoma State Portal ~ OK.gov. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lake Lawtonka
- Merriam-Webster's Geographical Dictionary, Third Edition, p. 636.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Medicine Creek
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Medicine Bluffs
- Lawton Boating-Fishing-Camping-Swimming-Hunting Regulations Archived 2007-10-17 at the Wayback Machine
- Johnson, Kenneth S. (2009). "Lakes and Reservoirs". Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture. Oklahoma Historical Society. Retrieved September 12, 2015.
- Johnson, Kenneth S. (2009). "Rivers and Streams". Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture. Oklahoma Historical Society. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- Johnson, Kenneth S.; Luza, Kenneth V. (2008). "Rivers, Streams, and Lakes of Oklahoma" (PDF). Oklahoma Geological Survey. University of Oklahoma. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- Merriam-Webster's Geographical Dictionary, Third Edition. Springfield, Massachusetts: Merriam-Webster, Incorporated, 1997. ISBN 0-87779-546-0.
- Oklahoma Digital Maps: Digital Collections of Oklahoma and Indian Territory