|15th Secretary of State of Washington|
|Assumed office |
January 16, 2013
|Preceded by||Sam Reed|
|Born||July 15, 1962|
California State University, Long Beach (
Troy University ( MPA)
Kim Wyman (born July 15, 1962) is an American politician who is the 15th and current Secretary of State of Washington, having won in the 2012 and 2016 state elections.  Between 2012 and 2016, she was the only Republican elected to statewide office on the West Coast. 
Wyman attended college at California State University, Long Beach and lived abroad after graduation. Barriers to voting in US elections while living in Germany inspired her to become an elections official. She earned her Master of Public Administration degree from Troy State University's European Division. Wyman was one of the first public officials to become a Certified Elections/Registration Administrator from Auburn University. 
In 2001, Wyman was appointed as county auditor for Thurston County, succeeding Sam Reed—she would again succeed Reed following her election as Secretary of State of Washington. She was eventually elected to the position and later reelected, as recently as 2010. 
In the 2012 Washington state elections, Wyman was elected Secretary of State, defeating her Democratic opponent, Kathleen Drew.  Wyman was the only Republican elected to statewide office in the state.  She was endorsed in the election by the Walla Walla Union-Bulletin,  The Wenatchee World,  the Tri-City Herald,  and The Seattle Times.  The Times cited her bipartisan appeal and experience as an elections administrator in its endorsement. She was also endorsed by the Washington Education Association,  which normally endorses Democrats. 
|Washington Secretary of State Primary Election, 2012|
|Human Rights||Sam Wright||20,809||1.56%|
|2012||Kim Wyman||1,459,773||50.4%||Kathleen Drew||1,436,735||49.6%|
|2016||Kim Wyman||1,713,004||54.74%||Tina Podlodkowski||1,416,299||45.26%|
- Reed, Sam (November 21, 2012). "November 06, 2012 General Election Results". Secretary of State of Washington. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- Brunner, Jim (November 17, 2012). "State Republicans ponder long-term prospects on blue West Coast". The Seattle Times. Archived from the original on November 18, 2012. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Meet Kim". Kim Wyman. Archived from the original on October 28, 2012. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Kim Wyman clear choice for Washington's secretary of state". Walla Walla Union-Bulletin. October 12, 2012. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Kim Wyman for secretary of state". The Wenatchee World. October 20, 2012. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Kim Wyman best choice for secretary of state". Tri-City Herald. October 3, 2012. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Editorial: The Times recommends Kim Wyman for Washington's secretary of state". The Seattle Times. October 7, 2012. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "WEA-PAC recommends Kim Wyman for election as Secretary of State". Washington Education Association. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Washington Secretary of State Results: Kim Wyman Wins". The New York Times. November 29, 2016. Archived from the original on December 1, 2016. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "Secretary of State Kim Wyman to be treated for colon cancer". The Seattle Times. March 27, 2017. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- Campaign website
- Kim Wyman at Ballotpedia
- Kim Wyman at Project Vote Smart
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Kim Wyman on Twitter
- Profile from Thurston County
| Auditor of
Secretary of State of Washington