Kelly Services Information
KELYA (Class A)|
S&P 600 Component
|Founder||William Russell Kelly|
|Headquarters||999 West Big Beaver Road, |
|Revenue||$5.5 billion  (2015)|
|$67 million  (2015)|
Number of employees
|7,800  (2017)|
Kelly Services, Inc. (formerly Russell Kelly Office Service and Kelly Girl Service, Inc.) is an American office staffing company that operates globally.     The company places employees at all levels in various sectors including financial services, information technology, and law.  Also, its professional services include human resource and management consulting, outsourcing, recruitment, career transition, and vendor management.   Kelly Services was founded by William Russell Kelly in 1946 and is headquartered in Troy, Michigan.   In 2015, the company reported 8,100 employees, $5.5 billion in revenue, and placed 550,000 employees to work in positions in various sectors,   making it one of the world's largest staffing firms. 
William Russell Kelly founded Russell Kelly Office Service in 1946,   initially providing office services performed at Kelly's offices rather than at the client's. However, customers asked for the work to be performed at their own offices, and the temporary staffing concept was born in the same year. The first "Kelly Girl" was Adelaide Hess Moran, who pioneered this new work arrangment for women in the postwar economy.
The temporary workers, usually female, became known as "Kelly girls",  and the company name was changed to Kelly Girl Service, Inc. in 1957.  Eventually "Kelly girl" became a widely used term for a temporary worker, regardless of company affiliation or gender. In 1966 the company was renamed Kelly Services, Inc. to reflect an expanding range of services. 
- "Executive Profile: Terence E. Adderley". Bloomberg.com. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved August 25, 2016.
- "2015 Annual Report" (PDF). Kelly Services. Retrieved July 25, 2016.
- "Kelly Services". Fortune. Retrieved 2019-01-06.
- "United States Securities and Exchange Commission: Form 10-K". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Dutton, Jane E.; Heaphy, Emily (January 12, 2016). "We Learn More When We Learn Together". Harvard Business Review. Retrieved August 18, 2016.
- Melvin, Tim (March 8, 2016). "3 Staffing Firms to Get Worked Up About". TheStreet.com. Retrieved August 18, 2016.
- Murphy, Maxwell (December 21, 2015). "CFO Moves: Kelly Services, Pharm-Olam". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Wernau, Julie (November 25, 2014). "Kelly Services, DeVry partner to fill STEM gap". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- "William Russell Kelly Tribute". kellyservices.com. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- Eaton, Leslie (1998-01-08). "William Kelly, 92, Founder Of Temporary Jobs Company". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-06-23.
- Hatton, Erin (2011). The Temp Economy: From Kelly Girls to Permatemps in Postwar America. Temple University Press. ISBN 978-1439900826. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "Kelly Services Executives". Hoover's. Retrieved 2008-03-17.
- "Our annual ranking of America's largest corporations". CNN. Retrieved 2008-03-17.