Kansas Board of Regents Information
|Motto||Leading Higher Education|
|Formation||July 1, 1925|
|Headquarters||1000 SW Jackson Street|
Topeka, Kansas, U.S.
|32 public institutions|
President & CEO
The Kansas Board of Regents is a body consisting of nine members that governs six state universities in the U.S. state of Kansas. In addition to these six universities, it also supervises and coordinates nineteen community colleges, five technical colleges, six technical schools and a municipal university. Refer to the list of colleges and universities for details on the individual schools.
The Kansas Board of Regents has nine members, each of whom is appointed by the Governor of Kansas. Current Board members are listed below. Each Board Member also serves on various committees that address higher education issues. Their terms of office are indicated in parenthesis following their names. 
The current members and their terms: 
- Dennis A. Mullin, Chair (June 2019)
- Shane Bangerter, Vice-chair (June 2021)
- Ann Brandau-Murguia (June 2021)
- Bill Feuerborn (June 2022)
- Mark Hutton (June 2022)
- Dave Murfin (June 2019)
- Daniel J. Thomas (June 2019)
- Allen Schmidt (June 2022)
- Helen Van Etten (June 2021)
- Blake Flanders, President/CEO
The Kansas Board of Regents oversees 33 institutions, one of which is an independent municipal university. 
|Institution||Location (main)||Founded||Joined KBOR||Full-Time Equivalent Enrollment
|Emporia State University||Emporia||1863||1925||4,493||Allison Garrett|
|Fort Hays State University||Hays||1902||9,473||Tisa Mason|
|Kansas State University||Manhattan||1863||18,824||Richard Myers|
|Pittsburg State University||Pittsburg||1903||5,988||Steven A. Scott|
|University of Kansas||Lawrence||1865||24,246||Douglas Girod|
|Wichita State University||Wichita||1895||1964||11,285||Andy Tompkins (interim)|
|Total enrollment (2018)||74,308|
Clark Coco (Dean)2
|Washburn Institute of Technology||Topeka||1964||1,174|
|Total enrollment (2018)||6,105|
- Washburn University is on the independent board, of which the Kansas Board of Regents holds one seat.
- Washburn Institute of Technology is operated by Washburn University.
- Kansas Board of Regent Members
- List of Universities and Colleges governed by KBOR Archived October 16, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
Scott Rothschild & Ben Unglesbee, “New social media policy is broad, vague, and ‘chilling’” Lawrence Journal-World, December 19, 2013.
“Kansas Board of Regents social media rules imperil free speech,” Kansas City Star, December 20, 2013.