|Jug End State Reservation|
View of Guilder Hollow Road & the Berkshires from Jug End peak
|Location||Egremont, Mount Washington, Berkshire, Massachusetts, United States|
JUG END STATE RESERVATION AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||1,191 acres (4.82 km2) |
|Governing body||Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation|
|Website||Jug End State Reservation|
Jug End State Reservation and Wildlife Management Area is a public recreation area located in the towns of Egremont and Mount Washington, Massachusetts. The reservation occupies the site of the former Jug End Barn resort, which has been allowed to return to a natural state.  Mount Everett State Reservation is adjacent to the south. It is managed by the Department of Conservation and Recreation. 
The Jug End Barn ski resort operated under various owners from 1938 until its permanent closure in 1983. The state took control of the property in 1994, enacting a program of environmental remediation to return the property to a suitable condition for use by the public. 
- "2012 Acreage Listing" (PDF). Department of Conservation and Recreation. April 2012. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- "Jug End Barn". New England Lost Ski Areas Project. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- "Jug End State Reservation". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- "Final Management Plan: Jug End State Reservation and WMA". Commonwealth of Massachusetts. May 1996. pp. 9–10. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "Mount Washington State Forest Trail Map" (PDF). MassParks: Jug End State Reservation. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Retrieved July 25, 2013.