The Joint Base Cape Cod is a joint base created by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the United States War Department in 1935.  Governor James Curley signed the state bill to allocate and purchase land for a military facility, and establishing a formal commission to manage this new state military property and personnel. After 22,000 acres (89 km2) of land was secured in Cape Cod, the Massachusetts National Guard began erecting tents and a basic training program in the following year.  Formerly the Massachusetts Military Reservation, it was renamed in 2013 to Joint Base Cape Cod.  
Otis Air National Guard Base underwent boundary changes in 1975. This realignment included these installations: Otis Air National Guard Base, Camp Edwards, and the Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod.  
Cape Cod Air Force Station was created when the air force returned in 1978. The U.S. Air Force constructed the Precision Acquisition Vehicle Entry Phased Array Warning System (PAVE PAWS). PAVE PAWS is designed to detect airborne ballistic missiles and monitor orbiting satellites. 
- Massachusetts Air National Guard / Otis Air National Guard Base
Massachusetts Army National Guard /
- Battle Simulation Center (BSC)
- Camp Edwards Heliport
- Environmental and Readiness Center (E&RC)
- Live Fire Shoot House (under development)
- Military Operations in Urban Terrain (MOUT) Training Site Calero
Regional Training Institute, Headquarters, 101st Regiment (formerly Massachusetts Military Academy)
- Officer Candidate School
- Tactical Training Team
- Tactical Training Base (TTB) Kelley
- Training Support Center
- Headquarters Company, 3d Battalion, 126th Aviation 
- US Air Force
- US Army Corps of Engineers 
- US Army Environmental Command (Impact Area Groundwater Study Program) 
US Department of Homeland Security
Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod
- Atlantic Area Armory 
- Coast Guard First District - Northeast Regional Fisheries Training Center 
- Coast Guard Investigative Service 
- Communications Station Boston 
- Electronic Support Detachment Cape Cod 
- Marine Safety Detachment Cape Cod  
- Morale, Well-Being and Recreation Administration (MWR) 
- Port Security Unit 301  
- Coast Guard Deployable Operations Group (conducts its national Assessment & Selection program here annually) 
- Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod
- US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Joint Base Cape Cod Fire Department 
- American Federation of Government Employees, AFL-CIO Local 3004 
- American Red Cross / Cape Cod & Islands Chapter
- Barnstable County Correctional Facility and Sheriff's Office
- Cape Cod Collaborative
- The Collaborative provides special education for students in 18 member districts on Cape Cod including the medically challenged and those needing occupational, speech and physical therapy. Its Transportation Division, Alternative Education Program, and Center for Executive Search are headquartered at JBCC in school facilities formerly administered and operated by the Town of Bourne.   
- Elder Services of Cape Cod & The Islands
- Massachusetts Alternative Septic System Test Center   
Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Massachusetts Environmental Police
- Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources
- Massachusetts Environmental Management Commission
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety & Security
Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency
- A portion of Camp Edwards is designated by MEMA as a Massachusetts Disaster Preparedness Shelter. Under emergency declarations affecting the Cape Cod & Islands region, buildings and barracks will be staffed by personnel from the American Red Cross, the Medical Response Team (MRC), the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), and the State Animal Response Team (SMART). 
- Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Southeast Region   
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy
- National Air Traffic Controllers Association 
NSTAR Electric / Bourne Switching Station
- Through an easement, NSTAR maintains a transmission substation at the northern end of the base, which receives power lines from across the Cape Cod Canal and serves as a hub for all other power lines servicing the Cape and Islands. 
- Otis Fish & Game Club
- Works with Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife to coordinate annual controlled deer and turkey hunts within JBCC boundary. 
- Otis Memorial Elementary School
- Operated by Town of Bourne to serve families of US Coast Guard servicemen and servicewomen residing on the base.
US Department of Agriculture /
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Center for Plant Health Science and Technology (CPHST) & Plant Protection Quarantine (PPQ)
- Pest Survey Detection and Exclusion Laboratory 
- Center for Plant Health Science and Technology (CPHST) & Plant Protection Quarantine (PPQ)
US Department of Transportation
- Federal Aviation Administration / Cape TRACON (terminal radar approach control)
- Research and Special Programs Administration
- Otis Weather Test Facility (operated by the USDOT's John A. Volpe National Transportation Systems Center)   
- US Geological Survey
- Upper Cape Regional Transfer Station 
- Upper Cape Regional Water Cooperative
- Supplies drinking water to the towns of Bourne, Falmouth, Mashpee & Sandwich.
- Defense Contract Services, Inc.
- Provides air traffic control and weather augmentation services to Otis Air National Guard Base and Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod; maintains staffed facilities at JBCC. 
- Environmental Chemical Corporation
- Conducts soil sampling, monitoring and analysis as a contractor to the US Environmental Protection Agency and multiple base entities; maintains a staffed on-site facility at JBCC. 
- Nobis Engineering Inc.
- Providing Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) support and related construction management to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers during ongoing environmental investigation, remediation, and restoration projects at JBCC. 
- United States Coast Guard Air Stations
- Massachusetts Military Reservation Wind Project at Joint Base Cape Cod
- "MMR History". Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Archived from the original on July 5, 2006. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- Brennan, Georga (29 May 2013). "Massachusetts Military Reservation may get new name: Joint Base Cape Cod". Cape Cod Times. Archived from the original on 26 July 2018. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- Brennan, George (19 July 2013). "Goodbye, MMR. Hello, Joint Base Cape Cod". Cape Cod Times. Archived from the original on 21 July 2013. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- USCG Air Station Cape Cod Official Site
- Otis ANG and MMR Archived 2007-11-14 at the Wayback Machine., Official website
- Exodyne.com[ permanent dead link], Momentum company newsletter (PDF format), November 2009, retrieved 14 October 2010.
- "Coastal Patrol 18".
- usace.army.mil Archived 2011-07-26 at the Wayback Machine., "Environmental Assessment of Lead at Camp Edwards, Massachusetts, Small Arms Ranges," August 2007, retrieved 14 October 2010.
- groundwaterprogram.army.mil Archived 2010-02-04 at the Wayback Machine. under the auspices of USAEC Archived 2009-12-31 at the Wayback Machine.
- "USCG Air Station Cape Cod, MA".
- "1996 Memorandum of Understanding establishing NRFTC] under joint oversight of the US Coast Guard and the National Marine Fisheries Service" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-05-27. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "USCG Marine Safety Detachment, Cape Cod MA".
- "USCG Base Cape Cod MWR".
- "Falcon Golf Club & Deli - USCG Base Cape Cod MWR".
- Kaehler Memorial Medical Clinic
- Port Security Unit 301 Overview (Microsoft Word document)[ permanent dead link], 13 March 2009 (retrieved 9 October 2010)
- military.com, USCG D.O.G.s Training
- "Otis Fire Department".
- faqs.org, AFGE Local 3004 listing.
- Cape & Islands Red Cross.org web site
- Facebook.com page for "cciredcross", announcement of Resource Center's 25 May 2010 opening
- cccollaborative.org Archived 2010-11-06 at the Wayback Machine., Contacts page, retrieved 14 October 2010.
- cccollaborative.org Archived 2010-11-16 at the Wayback Machine., 2010 Transportation Employees Handbook (.pdf file), retrieved 14 October 2010.
- cccollaborative.org Archived 2010-12-12 at the Wayback Machine., Center for Executive Search postings, retrieved 14 October 2010.
- ESCCI.org, Senior Service Corps page
- "Environmental & Readiness Center: Who's Who on the MMR". Archived from the original on 2011-10-06.
- The Otis Notice, Volume 29 No. 7, July 2008, Page 7 (MMR Energy Committee)
- Buzzards Bay National Estuary Program, MASSTC page
- Buzzards Bay National Estuary Program, photos of MASSTC groundbreaking
- mass.gov, MDAR/CCMCP page
- Northeastern Mosquito Control Association, 2003 annual meeting agenda including session on MMR Mosquito Control Project
- "Massachusetts EMC". Archived from the original on 2009-09-10.
- mass.gov, "Cape Cod Emergency Traffic Plan"
- Brennan, George. "Cape crime lab expected to ease state workload" Archived 2011-06-17 at the Wayback Machine., Cape Cod Times, 24 October 2007 (retrieved 9 October 2010)
- Massachusetts Division of Capital Asset Management, "Designer Selection Board Selection Criteria" for new chief medical examiner facilities, Page 3 (showing photographs of completed southeast region offices), 15 April 2009 (retrieved 9 October 2010)
- Massachusetts Division of Capital Asset Management, "Feasibility Study and Report, Chief Medical Examiner, Southeast Region (CME 03-01 ST1)", Page 131 (map showing site location between Simpkins Road and Falmouth-Sandwich Road on state-owned land in the Town of Sandwich within JBCC boundary), 13 January 2005 (retrieved 9 October 2010)
- Mass Maritime Academy Archived 2010-07-10 at the Wayback Machine., Boat Donation Program overview
- Mass Maritime Academy Archived 2010-07-12 at the Wayback Machine., directions to MMA boat donation grounds at JBCC
- charity-charities.org, listing of non-profits in Massachusetts, National Air Traffic Controllers Association page.
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs Archived 2011-07-28 at the Wayback Machine., Environmental Notification Form #14654 filed by NSTAR on 10 June 2010.
- "OtisFishAndGame – My WordPress Blog".
- Google Map showing location of Otis Fish & Game Club within JBCC boundary
- Mass Wildlife web site, JBCC controlled deer and turkey hunts]
- Town of Bourne Public Schools Archived 2011-04-28 at the Wayback Machine., Otis Memorial School
- FAA.gov Archived 2010-05-28 at the Wayback Machine., Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP), 12 March 2009
- American Meteorological Society; 11th Conference on Aviation, Range, and Aerospace; "The Otis Weather Test Facility at Otis ANGB, Falmouth, MA: An aviation weather resource"
- American Meteorological Society; 11th Conference on Aviation, Range, and Aerospace; "The Otis Weather Test Facility at Otis ANGB, Falmouth, MA: An aviation weather resource" (expanded abstract in PDF format)
- Scensi.com, photo page
- usgs.gov, Cape Cod Toxic Substances Hydrology Program overview
- usgs.gov, JBCC overview
- usgs.gov Archived 2010-11-10 at the Wayback Machine., Impact Area Groundwater Study Program overview
- usgs.gov Archived 2010-11-10 at the Wayback Machine., Installation Restoration Program overview
- Runyan, Brent. Transfer Station Wary of Private Operation of Trash Facility Archived 2012-07-23 at Archive.is, Falmouth Enterprise, 11 June 2010, retrieved 23 September 2010
- Minutes of the Mass. Environmental Management Commission meeting, 29 September 2004 Archived 6 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine. (see Agenda Item #9)
- greatercapecod.com Archived 2010-09-01 at the Wayback Machine., Sandwich MA business listings.
- nobisengineering.com Archived 2011-07-14 at the Wayback Machine., USACE/MMR project summary page.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joint Base Cape Cod.|