|c. 4.4 million|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Jamaica 2,881,355 |
|United States||800,000+ |
|Canada||300,000+    |
|United Kingdom||400,000+ |
|The Bahamas||5,572 |
|Trinidad and Tobago||15,000 |
Jamaicans are the citizens of Jamaica and their descendants in the Jamaican diaspora. Most Jamaicans are of African descent, with smaller minorities of Europeans, East Indians, Chinese and others or mixed ancestry. The bulk of the Jamaican diaspora resides in other Anglophone countries, namely Australia, Canada, United States and the United Kingdom and, to a lesser extent, other Caribbean countries and Commonwealth realms.
According to the official Jamaica Population Census of 1970, ethnic origins categories in Jamaica include Black, East Indian, Chinese, Syrian or Lebanese, White, mixed, and other races. Jamaicans of African or partial African descent made up 89.4% of the working population. Those of non-African mixed race were the second most prominent labour group, making up 6% of the population. [ citation needed]
Many Jamaicans now live overseas and outside Jamaica, while many have migrated to Anglophone countries, including over 400,000 Jamaicans in the United Kingdom, over 300,000 Canada, 800,000 in the United States.
30,000 Jamaicans residing in other CARICOM member including the Bahamas (5,600),  Cuba (5,000),  Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.  There are also communities of Jamaican descendants in Central America, particularly Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Panama.
- Demographics of Jamaica
- Jamaican British
- Jamaican American
- Jamaican Canadian
- Jamaican Australian
- Jamaicans in Ethiopia
- Afro-Costa Rican
- "World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision". ESA.UN.org (custom data acquired via website). United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- Results American Fact Finder (US Census Bureau)
- NHS Profile, Canada, 2011, Statistics Canada. Retrieved December 2nd, 2013
- Ethnic origins, 2006 counts, for Canada, provinces and territories - 20% sample data, Statistics Canada (2006). Retrieved on August 11, 2008.
- Ethnic Origins for Canada - 2001 Census. Retrieved December 6th, 2013
- Top 25 Ethnic Origins for Canada - 1996 Census. Retrieved December 6th, 2013
- "World Migration". iom.int. 15 January 2015.
- "The Nassau Guardian Home - The Nassau Guardian". The Nassau Guardian.
- Jamaica Population Census 1970.
- Project, Joshua. "People Groups - Joshua Project". www.joshuaproject.net.
- "30,000 Jamaicans residing in other CARICOM member states". caricomnews.net.