I-190 highlighted in red
|Auxiliary route of I‑90|
|Maintained by MassDOT|
|Length||19.26 mi  (31.00 km)|
|South end||I‑290 in Worcester|
|North end||Route 2 in Leominster|
Interstate 190 (I-190) is an auxiliary Interstate Highway in the U.S. state of Massachusetts, maintained by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT). Spanning approximately 19 miles (31 km) along a south–north axis, it is a spur route of I-90 (the Massachusetts Turnpike) in Central Massachusetts. However, its southern terminus exists at its split from I-290 in Worcester, which itself splits from the turnpike in Auburn. Its northern terminus lays at an interchange with Route 2 in Leominster.
I-190 begins at a southern terminus with I-290 in Worcester. Near the Greendale Mall, there is an interchange with Route 12 before the highway passes along the eastern shore of Indian Lake and continues through the city of Worcester. In West Boylston, I-190 has another interchange with Route 12 before turning northwest into Holden and then to the north and crossing the Quinapoxet River. The freeway curves to the northeast reentering West Boylston and enters a more rural area. I-190 intersects Route 140 and Route 12 another time in Sterling. In Lancaster, I-190 has an exit for Route 117. North of Johnny Appleseed State Park and Lancaster State Forest, I-190 merges and terminates at Route 2 and Mechanic Street in the city of Leominster. 
All interchanges were to be renumbered to mileage-based numbers under a project scheduled to start in 2016.  However, this project has now been indefinitely postponed.  The entire route is in Worcester County. 
|Location ||mi ||km||Exit ||Destinations ||Notes|
|Worcester||0.000||0.000||–||I‑290 – Auburn, Marlborough||Exit 19 on I-290, southern terminus|
|1.111||1.788||1||Route 12 (Gold Star Boulevard / West Boylston Street)|
|2.346||3.776||2||(Frontage Road) Ararat Street – Holden, Greendale|
|3.542||5.700||3||West Mountain Street – Holden, Boylston||Southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|West Boylston||3.980||6.405||4||Route 12 – West Boylston||Exit connector enters Worcester before reaching Route 12|
|Sterling||9.272||14.922||5||Route 140 – West Boylston, Princeton||Southern portion of the exit is in W. Boylston|
|14.123||22.729||6||Route 12 – Sterling, Clinton|
|Lancaster||16.894||27.188||7||Route 117 – Leominster, Lancaster||Exit is partially in Leominster|
|Leominster||19.122||30.774||8B||Route 2 east / Mechanic Street – Leominster, Boston||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|19.950||32.106||8A||Route 2 west – Fitchburg||Northbound exit and southbound entrance (northern terminus)|
|19.37||31.17||8||Mechanic Street (Nashua Street) – Leominster||Southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Staff (October 31, 2002). "Table 2: Auxiliary Routes of the Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways". Route Log and Finder List. Federal Highway Administration.
- Google (December 21, 2013). "I-190 Massachusetts" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved December 21, 2013.
"Ask the Globe".
The Boston Globe. June 21, 1997. Retrieved December 2, 2013. (Subscription required (help)).
Massachusetts Highway spokeswoman Julie Vitek says those paved shoulders and similar ones in West Boylston near the Wachusett Reservoir were built in the 1970s to direct collected melted snow and salt into a Massachusetts highway closed well system, independent from drinking water supplies.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts (2015). "COMMBUYS - Bid Solicitation FAP# HSIP-002S(874) Exit Signage Conversion to Milepost-Based Numbering System along Various Interstates, Routes and the Lowell Connector". Retrieved January 5, 2016.
- Robert H. Malme (2017). "Massachusetts Interstate Highways Exit Lists". Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- MassDOT Planning Division. "Massachusetts Route Log Application". Massachusetts Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- "Exit Numbers and Names: Route I-190 (Worcester to Leominster)". Massachusetts Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Interstate 190.|