This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. ( Learn how and when to remove these template messages)( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Owensboro, Kentucky, United States|
INTERNATIONAL BLUEGRASS MUSIC MUSEUM Latitude and Longitude:
The Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum is a bluegrass music museum in Owensboro, Kentucky, United States. The museum has interactive exhibits, posters, costumes, live instrument demonstrations, and the International Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame. The museum has 2004 m2 (21,000 square feet) of exhibits and offices on 2 floors. As a non-profit group, the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum has raised funds with the help of famous bluegrass musicians such as Ricky Skaggs and Ralph Stanley. 
They host their own annual summer music festival, ROMP (originally designating River Of Music Party because it was held on the banks of the Ohio River). The ROMP festival is typically held the last weekend in June each summer. Jam sessions are held at the museum the first Thursday of every month.  The International Bluegrass Music Museum is the world's only facility dedicated to the history and preservation of the international history of bluegrass music.
The mission of the International Bluegrass Music Museum (IBMM) is to develop and maintain an environment in which people of all ages can discover the richness of bluegrass music.
The museum was incorporated in 1991 and opened year-round in 1995. In 2002 it re-opened after expanding. 
- RBI – Radio Bluegrass International is the museum's 24-hour internet radio station.
- The Kentucky Bluegrass AllStars are a group of music students who take lessons at the museum.
- The Video Oral History Project (VOHP) – videotapes the elderly first generation of bluegrass musicians.
- Monroe-Style Mandolin Camp – instruction from mandolin faculty and luthiers.
- Bluegrass in the Schools (BITS) – puts instruments into the hands of students and teachers in elementary schools in Daviess County, Kentucky. 
- "Banks of the Ohio", a radio program by Fred Bartenstein on WAMU and the Internet. 
- Benefit Concerts – The museum hosts a monthly concert series.
|This Kentucky museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|