|Founded||August 23, 1966|
The Independent Party of Connecticut (IPC) is a minor political party in the State of Connecticut. As of November 3, 2014, Connecticut had 16,189 active voters registered with the Connecticut Secretary of State with the Independent party, making it the third largest party in the state.  The party has at least one elected official. In November, 2013, Lawrence DePillo was elected to the Waterbury Board of Aldermen. 
In the 1930s, an Independent-Republican party was formed by Professor Albert Levitt of Redding, CT and Irving Fisher, a Yale economist.  However, the official title of "Independent Party" was used later on. In 1958, Andrew C. LaCroix of Easton, Connecticut was acting treasurer of the Independent Party of Connecticut. The party backed Ms. Vivian Kellems of Stonington, Connecticut in a 1956 write-in campaign. At that time, Anthony Sparaco of Old Saybrook was president, and Rosemary Favale of Waterbury was vice-president.  In 1959, Charles R. Iovino of Milford, Connecticut was also elected as an Independent write-in candidate.  As early as 1967, the Independent Party of Connecticut has successfully held meetings throughout the State.  However, it is speculated that the Independent Party of Connecticut was actually formed on August 23, 1966. 
An Independent Town Committee is local organization that affiliates with the State-Central Executive Board. According to bylaws, they must consist of a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Town committees by city/town
- East Haven, Connecticut 
- Milford, Connecticut 
- Middletown, Connecticut 
- Newtown, Connecticut 
- Waterbury, Connecticut 
- Watertown, Connecticut 
- Winsted, Connecticut- Samuel Demonstranti, Chairman- David LaPointe, Treasurer
- Jennie Cave - The First Woman Elected Mayor of the City of Norwalk in 1975. 
- In 1885, there were 2 Connecticut Senators elected as Independents. 
In Connecticut, some candidates have been referred to as "Independent" while running for public office. However, they were not endorsed by The Independent Party of Connecticut.
List of non-independent Party of Connecticut candidates
- Lowell Weicker - Endorsed by " A Connecticut Party" when elected Governor of Connecticut in 1990.
- Joe Lieberman - Endorsed by " Connecticut for Lieberman Party" when elected Senator of Connecticut in 2006
- "Denise W. Merrill : Secretary of the State Connecticut" (PDF). Ct.gov. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Prescribed Form for Return of Votes Cast at a Municipal Election" (PDF). Sots.ct.gov. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Meriden Record - Google News Archive Search". google.com.
- "The Day - Google News Archive Search". google.com.
- "Mayors of Milford, past and present, gather for rare meeting". Connecticut Post.
- "The Norwalk Hour - Google News Archive Search". google.com.
- Connecticut Group Forms The Independent Party - Article - NYTimes.com
- "New Third, Independent Political Party Forming in East Haven". East Haven, Connecticut Patch.
https://web.archive.org/web/20111221151444/http://www.milfordindependentparty.com/. Archived from
the original on December 21, 2011. Retrieved August 27, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Independent Party of Connecticut in Middletown". independentpartyct-middletown.blogspot.com.
https://web.archive.org/web/20130603211044/http://independentpartyofnewtown.com/. Archived from
the original on June 3, 2013. Retrieved August 27, 2012. Missing or empty
- "IPWTC Contact us at 203-573-8318 - Independent Party Waterbury". IPWTC Contact us at 203-573-8318.
- "The Norwalk High School : Wall of Honor" (PDF). Norwalkhs.org. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Virginia Joins Hands with New York." Daily True American. Trenton, NJ. 4 Nov 1885. Retrieved 10 Aug 2015.