|Illini State Park|
|Location||LaSalle County, Illinois, USA|
|Nearest city||Marseilles, Illinois|
ILLINI STATE PARK Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||510 acres (206 ha)|
|Governing body||Illinois Department of Natural Resources|
Illini State Park is an Illinois state park on 510 acres (206 ha) in LaSalle County, Illinois, United States. In 1934, Illini entered into the state park system, and was dedicated a year later in 1935. The Department of Natural Resources closed the park from November 2008 to February 2009 due to budget cuts.
Illini State Park was one of eleven state parks slated to close indefinitely on November 1, 2008, due to budget cuts by then- Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.  After delay, which restored funding for some of the parks, a proposal to close seven state parks and a dozen state historic sites, including Illini State Park, went ahead on November 30, 2008.  After the impeachment of Illinois Governor Blagojevich, new governor Pat Quinn reopened the closed state parks in February.  In March 2009 Quinn announced he is committed to reopening the state historic sites by June 30, 2009. 
- Dempsey, Pam G. " Governor closing 24 state sites, including Kickapoo State Park", The News Gazette ( Champaign, Illinois), August 29, 2008, accessed August 31, 2008.
- Garcia, Monique and Gregory, Ted. " State park closings a tough pill for some to swallow", Chicago Tribune, November 29, 2008, accessed April 12, 2009.
- " Governor Quinn calls on IDNR to Reopen State Parks Archived 2009-04-08 at the Wayback Machine.", ( Press release), Illinois Department of Natural Resources, February 26, 2009, accessed April 12, 2009.
- " Quinn To Reopen State Parks And Historic Sites Closed By Blagojevich", The Associated Press, via Huffington Post, March 25, 2009, accessed April 12, 2009.
- "Illini State Park". Illinois Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2018-07-16.
- USGS. "Illini State Park, USGS Marseilles (IL)Quad". TopoQuest. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
|Wikinews has related news: Illinois budget cuts to close historic sites and parks|
|This LaSalle County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|