|Huntsman Cancer Institute|
|Location||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States|
HUNTSMAN CANCER INSTITUTE Latitude and Longitude:
|Affiliated university||University of Utah|
|Lists||Hospitals in Utah|
Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) is an NCI-designated cancer research facility and hospital located on the campus of the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the only National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in the Intermountain West.
Huntsman Cancer Institute was founded with a pledge of $100 million of personal wealth from Jon Huntsman Sr., a philanthropist and businessman. To date, Huntsman has donated more than $250 million of his own money since Huntsman Cancer Institute was established.  Mary Beckerle is HCI's chief executive officer and director. 
In November 2013, Huntsman donated an additional $50 million for the construction of a new research building dedicated to researching children's cancer and cancers that run in families. The Primary Children's and Families' Research Center opened in 2017. 
In 2015, the National Cancer Institute awarded HCI Comprehensive Cancer Center status. 
Scientists at the institute aim to understand cancer at a molecular and genetic level and strive to find new and more effective ways to treat this disease. A treatment approach based on genetic knowledge allows for more targeted, individualized cancer therapies.
The center's research is supported by a Cancer Center Support Grant from the National Cancer Institute, which subsidizes cancer research performed by more than 130 members of the Cancer Center. 
- Levenick, Christopher (Summer 2012). "The Fearless Philanthropist". Philanthropy. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- Wood, Benjamin; Stuckey, Alex (25 April 2017). "Pershing: Beckerle reinstated to helm of Huntsman Cancer Institute". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- "Huntsman Cancer Institute Unveils New Primary Children's and Families' Cancer Research Center". www.huntsmancancer.org. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "National Cancer Institute Awards Huntsman Cancer Institute Elite Comprehensive Cancer Center Designation". www.huntsmancancer.org. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "HCI Research Programs". Archived from the original on March 5, 2010. Retrieved February 13, 2010.