|Hueston Woods State Park|
Hueston Woods Covered Bridge showing pedestrian access on both sides
|Location||Butler, Preble, Ohio, United States|
HUESTON WOODS STATE PARK Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||2,936 acres (11.88 km2) |
|Elevation||938 ft (286 m) |
|Governing body||Ohio Department of Natural Resources|
|Website||Hueston Woods State Park|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Surface area||625 acres (253 ha) |
|Surface elevation||860 ft (260 m)|
Hueston Woods State Park is a state park located in Butler and Preble counties of the U.S. state of Ohio, about five miles (8 km) northeast of Oxford in the southwestern part of the state. The park lies in Oxford Township, Butler County, and Israel Township, Preble County. It has nearly 3,000 acres (1,200 ha), including a man-made lake of 625 acres (253 ha). 
The state bought the land in 1941, but the park did not open until 1957. The state used the land initially as a prison camp. In 1956, Four Mile Creek was dammed to form Acton Lake, named for Clyde Acton, the member of the Ohio General Assembly who persuaded the legislature to buy the property. 
The Hueston Woods Covered Bridge in Preble County was completed and opened for traffic in June 2012. The $2.0 million Burr arch truss structure spans 108 feet over Four Mile Creek north and west of the park. The structure supports 40 ton tractor trailer traffic and has a life expectancy of over 100 years. 
The park features 12 miles (19 km) of trails, a 96-room lodge, and a 27-hole golf course. 
- "Hueston Woods State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Hueston Woods State Park". Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 22, 2017.
- "Acton Lake". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Hueston Woods State Park: History". Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 22, 2017.
- "Hueston Woods Covered Bridge" (PDF) (Press release). Hueston Woods Lodge.
- "Doty Homestead". Oxford Museum Association. Retrieved September 30, 2017.
- "Hueston Woods State Park: Activities". Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 22, 2017.
- Hueston Woods State Park Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Hueston Woods Park Map Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Hueston Woods Campground Map Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Hueston Woods Trail Map Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Doty Homestead Oxford Museum Association
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hueston Woods State Park.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for
Ohio State Parks |
Hueston Woods State Park.