This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Village of Hoffman Estates|
|Motto(s): Growing to Greatness|
Location of Hoffman Estates in Cook and Kane Counties, Illinois.
Location of Illinois in the United States
|• Mayor||William D. McLeod|
|• Manager||James H. Norris|
|• Clerk||Bev Romanoff|
|• Trustee||Karen V. Mills|
|• Trustee||Gary G. Stanton|
|• Total||21.00 sq mi (54.39 km2)|
|• Land||20.82 sq mi (53.92 km2)|
|• Water||0.18 sq mi (0.47 km2) 0.86%|
|Population ( 2010)|
|• Estimate (2016) ||51,738|
|• Density||2,485.13/sq mi (959.51/km2)|
|Zip Codes||60010, 60067, 60169, 60173, 60192, 60194, 60195|
|Area code(s)||847 / 224|
Hoffman Estates is a village in Illinois, United States. The village is located primarily in Cook County, with a small section in Kane County. It is a suburb of Chicago. As of the 2016 census, the village population was 51,738.  The village was incorporated in 1959. 
The village now serves as the headquarters for the Sears Holdings Corporation and the Midwest headquarters for AT&T and the American headquarters for Mori Seiki. The village owns the Sears Centre, home of the Chicago Bliss of the Legends Football League, the Chicago Slaughter of the Indoor Football League, and the Windy City Bulls of the NBA G League.
In 1958, the Northwest Tollway opened, making the village more attractive to Chicago commuters. Beginning in 1961, the first land north of the tollway was annexed to the village of Hoffman Estates. Some 2,000 acres (8.1 km2) were annexed by 1962, including the areas that are now Winston Knolls, Westbury and the Paul Douglas Forest Preserve. The annexations more than doubled the incorporated land area.
The opening of the Woodfield Mall to the east in 1971 made the area a major business center. An attempt to change the name of the village to East Barrington was made in the early 1980s but failed upon a residential vote. 
In the 1990s, the Prairie Stone Business Park began development. This expansive 780-acre (3.2 km2) master planned multi-purpose business park is bounded by Illinois Route 59 on the east, Interstate 90 on the south, Illinois Route 72 on the north, and Beverly Road on the west. The business park came to fruition in 1993 when Sears, Roebuck and Company relocated from the Sears Tower in Chicago to a sprawling headquarters in the northwest part of Prairie Stone. That was followed in 1995 by Indramat and Quest International opening facilities in the park.  Throughout the 1990s, a health & wellness center and child care facility were developed, as well as other smaller office buildings and a branch of Northern Illinois University. Development of the business park is still ongoing, and recent additions in the 2000s include the 11,000-seat Sears Centre arena, office buildings for Serta, WT Engineering, I-CAR, and Mary Kay, Cabela's outdoor outfitters store, a 295-room Marriott hotel, and the 400,000-square-foot (37,000 m2) Poplar Creek Crossing Retail Center, which is anchored by Target and numerous other big-box retailers. Future development will include further office buildings and retail development, Sun Island Hotel and Water Park, an amphitheater, restaurants, and a Metra Star Line rail station.
In the fall of 2016, papers and artifacts from President Barack Obama's administration began to arrive in town, where they are being stored in a building on Golf Road. The site is their temporary home while construction takes place on the Obama Presidential Library in Jackson Park, Chicago, and is not open to the public. 
Hoffman Estates is located at (42.063173, -88.119256).
According to the 2010 census, Hoffman Estates has a total area of 20.981 square miles (54.34 km2), of which 20.8 square miles (53.87 km2) (or 99.14%) is land and 0.181 square miles (0.47 km2) (or 0.86%) is water. 
U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census  of 2000, there were 49,495 people living in 17,387 housing units at an average density of 882.1 per square mile (340.6/km²). The population density was 2,511.2 people per square mile (969.6/km²).
There were 17,034 households, with the average household size of 2.89 individuals per household while the average family size was 3.39, out of which:
- 61.9% were married couples living together (12,724 total families)
- 25.3% were non-families
- 19.9% of all households were made up of individuals
- 9.6% had a female householder with no husband present
- 41.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them
- 4.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
The median age was 34 years with variances of:
- 33.9% from 25 to 44
- 28.1% under the age of 18
- 22.6% from 45 to 64
- 8.7% from 18 to 24
- 6.7% who were 65 years of age or older.
For every 100 females, there were 99.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.7 males.
The racial makeup of the village was: 
- 56.6% White, not Hispanic or Latino
- 22.7% Asian American
- 14.10% Hispanic or Latino of any race
- 4.8% African American
- 3.75% from other races
- 2.6% from two or more races
- 0.17% Native American
- 0.02% Pacific Islander
The median income for a household in the village was $84,583.
- Males had a median income of $80,696 versus $63,542 for females.
- The per capita income for the village was $54,538.
- About 5.5% of the population were below the poverty line.
- Sears Holdings Corporation is headquartered in Hoffman Estates.  (5,700 employees)
- AT&T Inc. (4,700)
- St. Alexius Medical Center, a 339-bed community hospital  (2,121)
- GE Capital (800)
- Career Education Corporation is headquartered in Hoffman Estates (650)
- ADP (600)
- Siemens Medical Solutions (500)
- Leopardo (400)
- Liberty Mutual (400)
- Claire's has its buying, distribution, and marketing offices in Hoffman Estates.  (350)
- Bosch Rexroth (160)
- Mori Seiki has its U.S. headquarters located in the Chicago Technical Center in Hoffman Estates.  In November 2009 the current U.S. headquarters opened during a four-day event with over 2,200 visitors.  (100)
- FANUC (100). 
The village is served by several public school districts. The majority of residents who live in Schaumburg Township attend:
North Hoffman Estates (north of I-90) residents are served by:
- Township High School District 211
- Community Consolidated School District 15 (K-8)  (East of Huntington Blvd)
- Barrington School District 220 (K-8) ( Unit District) (West of Huntington Blvd). 
Schools located in the Hoffman Estates village limits:
Other high schools in the same township high school district:
Most of the village is served by Harper College Community College District 512.
The Xilin Northwest Chinese School (S: 希林西北中文学校, T: 希林西北中文學校, P: Xīlín Xīběi Zhōngwén Xuéxiào) holds its classes at Conant High School in Hoffman Estates.  It serves grades preschool through 12.  The school predominately serves Mainland Chinese families. In 2003 the school held its classes in Palatine High School in Palatine. In 2000 the school had served around 300 students. This figure increased almost by 100%, to almost 600 students. This made it one of the largest of the Chinese schools in the Chicago area. 
Hoffman Estates has one sister city: 
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jun 29, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: Hoffman Estates village, Illinois". www.census.gov. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
-  Archived June 7, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Sunderlage Smokehouse: Hoffman Eestates' National Register Landmark". History of Schaumburg Township: A Blog of the Schaumburg Township District Library. February 21, 2010. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- "Name history of Hoffman Estates". Falcon Living. Retrieved Nov 26, 2017.
- "Village of Hoffman Estates: History of Hoffman Estates". Hoffmanestates.com. Archived from the original on 2012-05-11. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- Skiba, Katherine (October 21, 2016). "Military Soon to Start Moving Obama's Papers to Hoffman Estates". Chicago Tribune. Washington DC. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2015-08-03.
- "US Census Bureau is shutdown". Factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Hoffman Estates (village) QuickFacts". U.S. Census Bureau. December 2, 2015. Archived from the original on December 8, 2015. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- Selvam, Ashok. " Asian population booming in suburbs." Daily Herald ( Arlington Heights, Illinois). March 6, 2011. Retrieved on June 19, 2013.
- " Contact Us." Sears Holdings Corporation. Retrieved on June 19, 2013. "3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 "
- High Voltage Software unknown
- " Headquarters Archived 2012-09-16 at the Wayback Machine.." DG Mori Seiki USA. Retrieved on June 19, 2013. "2400 Huntington Boulevard Hoffman Estates, IL 60192"
- AM Staff. " Mori Seiki Unveils New U.S. Headquarters." American Machinist. November 15, 2009. Retrieved on June 19, 2013.
- "Village of Hoffman Estates Top Employers". Hoffmanestates.org. 2012-03-21. Archived from the original on 2012-04-22. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "d211.org". d211.org. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "sd54.k12.il.us". sd54.k12.il.us. 2012-04-19. Archived from the original on 1998-02-01. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "ccsd15.net". ccsd15.net. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "cusd220.lake.k12.il.us". cusd220.lake.k12.il.us. Archived from the original on 2006-07-03. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- " School Location." Northwest Xilin Chinese School. Retrieved on February 24, 2014. "School Address 700 East Cougar Trail,Hoffman Estates,IL 60194 Located at Conant High School campus."
- " About Us." Northwest Xilin Chinese School. Retrieved on February 24, 2014.
- Ray, Tiffany. " Schools connect students to China." Chicago Tribune. March 2, 2003. Retrieved on February 24, 2014.