|Founded||Birmingham, Alabama U.S. (1940)|
|Headquarters||Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.|
|Rob Burton, CEO |
Jeremy DiPiazza, CFO
Steve McCord, EVP
Doug Eckert, EVP
Randall Curtis, COO
Turner Burton, President
|Services||General construction |
Design / Build
|Revenue||US$$860.4 million (2018) |
|Website||Hoar Construction Website|
Hoar Construction is a privately held construction company specializing in commercial, industrial health care, government, multifamily, and retail construction. Founded in 1940 by Friend Reed (F.R.) Hoar and headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, the company is currently ranked as one of the top 100 contractors in the United States.  In addition to its Birmingham headquarters, Hoar also has offices in Orlando, Nashville, Houston, Austin, and DC.
The company initially specialized in the construction of churches throughout the Birmingham area. Richard Hoar joined his father's construction business in 1947, and F.R. Hoar and Son was established.  After completing construction on 45 churches, F.R. Hoar and Son expanded its focus to include retail, commercial, and industrial projects. The company renamed itself Hoar Construction in 1985.  With US$860.4 million in revenue for 2017, Hoar Construction was ranked 11th among Birmingham's largest privately held companies.  In 2008, it was named the fifth best place to work in America. 
Hoar has built more than 132 million square feet of retail, 16 million square feet of healthcare, 15 million-plus square feet of multifamily, 13 million-plus square feet of office space, and 2.5 million-plus square feet of hospitality space. The company has built more than 290 retail, mixed use projects, and more than 400 theater screens.
Some of Hoar’s recent notable projects include:
- Capitol View , Nashville, Tenn.
- Avalon , Alpharetta, Ga.
- Dania Pointe , Dania Beach, Fla.
- Poff Federal Building , Roanoke, Va.
- Encompass Health, multiple projects since 1996
- Children’s of Alabama , Birmingham, Ala., onsite since 2009
- Faith Community Hospital , Jacksboro, Texas
- Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Ala.
- Vince J. Whibbs Sr. Community Maritime Park , Pensacola, Fla.
- Regal Cinemas , Gainesville, Fla.
- Latitude Med Center , Houston, Texas
- The Morris, Nashville, Tenn.
- Ascent at Victory Park , Dallas, Texas
- Elysium 14 , Washington, D.C.
- GD Copper USA , Pine Hill, Ala.
- Hotel Alessandra , Houston, Texas
- Historic Federal Reserve , Birmingham, Ala.
- Remington , Houston, Texas
- Abilene Christian University , Abilene, Texas
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga West Campus Housing , Chattanooga, Tenn.
- "ENR Top 400 Contractors".
- "ENR 2018 Top 400 Contractors 1-100". www.enr.com. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "History: About Hoar". Hoar Construction. Archived from the original on 2008-06-13. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- Bagwell, Dan (July 26, 2018).
"Birmingham's largest privately held companies".
https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingham/subscriber-only/2018/06/15/birminghams-largest-privately-held.html. Birmingham Business Journal. External link in
- "Hoar Construction Name #5 Best Place to Work". Southeast Construction. July 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Capitol View: Master Planning a Dynamic Urban District | NAIOP". www.naiop.org. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "North American Properties Breaks Ground at Avalon in Alpharetta". Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- REIT. "Kimco Realty Helps Put Dania Beach on the Map". Nareit. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Why a robot is MVP on a Hoar Construction project". Construction Dive. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Hoar Construction Starts CEP Piping Expansion at Children's of Alabama". Medical Construction and Design. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Faith Community Hospital hosts campus dedication". Jacksboro Newspapers. 2017-05-25. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Hoar Construction involved in Pensacola ballpark project". AL.com. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Big new Florida project welcomes customers |Chain Store Age". Chain Store Age. 2018-04-25. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
"https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2016/01/exclusive-houston-real-estate-companies-partner-on.html". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-10-24. External link in
- "Work Has Begun for Hoar Construction on Luxury Residential Project in Dallas". PR.com. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Town Square | New apartments to rise on D.C.'s 14th Street NW". Washington Post. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "East meets West in major construction project for Chinese manufacturer in Alabama". AL.com. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
"https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/10/02/exclusive-take-a-peek-inside-the-newly-unveiled.html?ana=twt". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-10-24. External link in
- "Renovation/Restoration Award of Merit: Federal Reserve". Retrieved 2018-10-24.
"https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/05/16/northwest-houston-office-building-now-91-percent.html". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-10-24. External link in
- "ACU Today Winter/Spring 2017". Issuu. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "West Campus Housing Project at UTC Chattanooga Completes for Fall 2018 Semester - Construction Superintendent". Construction Superintendent. 2018-09-24. Retrieved 2018-10-24.