Hindu Temple of St. Louis Information (Geography)
|Hindu Temple of St. Louis|
HINDU TEMPLE OF ST. LOUIS Latitude and Longitude:
|Part of a series on|
The Hindu Temple of St. Louis is located in Ballwin, Missouri and serves over 14,000 Hindus residing in the St. Louis Area. The temple is located at 725 Weidman Rd, St. Louis, MO, 63011. The temple has five priests who are well versed and competent in performing various Hindu rituals. They are namely Sreenivas Deevi, Rameshwar Das, Vedantam Sharma, Rajaswamy,and Bharadhwaj Muralidharan.
The Hindu Temple of St. Louis was formally registered as a Not For Profit Organization in Missouri in 1988. Groundbreaking of the temple commenced on April 21 1990 with a Bhoomi Pooja and by November 8 1991, the temple was completed. The first physical deities were installed in 1995, replacing pictures of deities.   Mahatma Gandhi Cultural Center was the first building constructed in 1991. In 2000, several sculptors arrived from India to create ornate details on the gopuram. In 2008, Hindu Temple of St. Louis bought a nearby housing complex for $3 Million to expand the annex.  This expansion sponsored criticism among local citizens due to the increased traffic, noise pollution and light pollution, impacting citizens who live adjacent to the annex. In 2012, the local subdivision and the temple reached a agreement to build a wall around its newly acquired land and a "15 feet setback".  
The temple currently consists of a worship place, a cultural center, reception area, a cafeteria, a library, a parking lot and a auditorium.
- "Hindu Temple of St. Louis". Hindu Temple of St. Louis. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- Ajla Ahmetovic. "Welcome to the Hindu Temple of Saint Louis". Arch City Religion. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- Bogan, Jesse (21 May 2011). "Hindu Temple of St. Louis Expansion Plan Vex Neighbors". St. Louis Today. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- Miner, Doug (21 May 2012). "Hindu Temple and Next Door Neighbors come to an agreement". Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Hindu Temple of St. Louis". St. Louis Churches. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "update st.louis hindu temple twice vandalized, suspects apprehended". Pularlism. Retrieved 25 October 2018.