|Haystack Mountain State Park|
Observation tower atop Haystack Mountain
|Location||Norfolk, Connecticut, United States|
HAYSTACK MOUNTAIN (CONNECTICUT) Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||292 acres (118 ha) |
|Elevation||1,663 ft (507 m) |
|Designation||Connecticut state park|
|Administrator||Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection|
|Website||Haystack Mountain State Park|
Haystack Mountain is a 1,716-foot-high (523 m) mountain topped with an observation tower that is the chief features of Haystack Mountain State Park, a public recreation area in the town of Norfolk, Connecticut. 
The 34-foot-tall (10 m) Haystack Mountain Tower, built in 1929 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, sits upon it. The tower provides a view over the town of Norfolk and the neighboring town of Canaan.
Common forms of wildlife found on the mountain include raccoons, bears, deer, coyotes, opossums, skunks and foxes. The dominant plant life include mountain laurel (the state plant), pine trees and maples.
- "Haystack Mountain". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Appendix A: List of State Parks and Forests" (PDF). State Parks and Forests: Funding. Staff Findings and Recommendations. Connecticut General Assembly. January 23, 2014. p. A-1. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- "Haystack Mountain State Park". State Parks and Forests. Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- Haystack Mountain State Park Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Haystack Mountain State Park Map Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
|This Connecticut state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|