Hay Island is a small peninsula located off the Darien, Connecticut shore of Long Island Sound. Its north shore is located on Ziegler's Cove.  A small road connects the island with Long Neck Point Road.  There are two structures on Hay Island.  One was the home of the late William Ziegler III, a founder of the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk.  
- Robert C. Duncan, W. Wallace Fenn, and Paul W Fenn, "Hay Island, Noroton, Connecticut," The Cruising Guide to the New England Coast: Including the Hudson River, Long Island Sound, and the Coast of New Brunswick (W. W. Norton & Company, 2002), 113-114, for information on the water near Hay Island
- Duncan, Robert C.; W. Wallace Fenn (2002). The Cruising Guide to the New England Coast. Paul W Fenn (12, illustrated, revised ed.). W. W. Norton & Company. p. 827. ISBN 0-393-04858-6.
- "Aerial view of Hays Island and road connecting island to Long Point Neck Road". Multimap. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "William Ziegler III obituary". Edward Lawrence Funeral Home. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- "Paid Notice: Deaths - ZIEGLER, WILLIAM III". New York Times. June 16, 2008. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
|This Connecticut-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|