|Motto||Scientia ad serviendum ("Knowledge for Service")|
|President||Dr. Anthony W. Allen|
HANNIBAL LAGRANGE UNIVERSITY Latitude and Longitude:
|Colors||Scarlet and navy blue|
HannibalâLaGrange University (HLGU), formerly HannibalâLaGrange College, is a private four-year Christian liberal arts college in Hannibal, Missouri. It is affiliated with the Missouri Baptist Convention, which is part of the Southern Baptist Convention. Enrollment was approximately 1,150 students as of 2007.  It is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The college offers more than 30 majors.
HannibalâLaGrange University was created as the result of the 1928 merger of LaGrange College (founded in 1858 as the LaGrange Male and Female Seminary) in LaGrange, Missouri and Hannibal College in Hannibal.  On May 4, 2012, the trustees at HannibalâLaGrange University elected Dr. Anthony W. Allen as the 17th president of the university. Living former presidents include Dr. Woodrow Burt (16th president), Dr. Paul Brown (15th president), and Dr. Larry Lewis (14th president), a graduate of Luther Rice Seminary, who left HLGU to be the president of the Southern Baptist Convention's Home Mission Board (now the North American Mission Board), one of the largest mission agencies in the world.
HannibalâLaGrange teams are known as the Trojans. The university competes in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) as a member of the American Midwest Conference. Men's sports include baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, track & field, and wrestling, while women's sports include basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, track & field and volleyball.
Undergraduate: HannibalâLaGrange University offers undergraduate majors in many areas, including Accounting, Art, Bible, Biology, Business Administration, Communication Arts, Computer Information Systems, Criminal Justice, Education (Early Childhood, Elementary and Secondary), English, History, Human Services, Mathematics, Music, Nursing, Psychology, Recreation Management, Prechemistry, Prepharmacy, Sociology, Theatre, and Liberal Studies.
Online: Many online classes are offered each semester for both on-campus and online-only students. As of the 2009-10 school year, undergraduate degrees in Nursing and Early Childhood Special Education were available through all-online coursework.
ADVANCE Degree Completion: HLGU's ADVANCE Degree Completion program is designed for working adults with an associate degree who want to complete their bachelor's degree in as little as 18 months. Several degree programs and locations are available.
- Jefferson R. Boulware, Illinois state representative and lawyer 
- Clarence Cannon, Democratic Congress member
- Homer Martien Cook, president of Northwest Missouri State University
- Cotton Fitzsimmons, NBA and college basketball coach
- Asa Hodges, U.S. Representative
- Lindell Shumake, member of the Missouri House of Representatives
- Ashleigh Spencer, Australian basketball player who currently plays for the Bendigo Spirit in the Women's National Basketball League
- About HLG. Accessed 6 March 2007.
- Hannibal LaGrange Charter (On file) http://www.lagrangemo.com/cityoflagrangemo/LAHIST.HTM
- "HannibalâLaGrange University". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved February 16, 2018.
- 'Illinois Blue Book 1903-1904,' Biographical Sketch of Jefferson R. Boulware, pg. 365