Guernsey State Park Information
|Guernsey State Park|
|Location||Guernsey, Platte, Wyoming, United States|
GUERNSEY STATE PARK Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||8,631 acres (34.93 km2) |
|Elevation||4,416 ft (1,346 m) |
|Operator||Wyoming Division of State Parks and Historic Sites|
|Website||Guernsey State Park|
Lake Guernsey State Park
Guernsey State Park Museum
|Location||Platte County, Wyoming|
|Nearest city||Guernsey, Wyoming|
|Area||3,760 acres (original) |
8,602 acres (increase) 
Civilian Conservation Corps;
Roland Pray (original)|
S. R. Deboer; Richard G. Redell; et al. (expanded)
|Architectural style||National Park Service Rustic, Bungalow/Craftsman, Other|
|NRHP reference #||
80004051 (original) |
97001260 (increase) 
|Added to NRHP||August 26, 1980 (original) |
September 25, 1997 (increase)
|Designated NHLD||September 25, 1997 |
Guernsey State Park is a public recreation area surrounding the Guernsey Reservoir, an impoundment of the North Platte River, near the town of Guernsey in Platte County, Wyoming. The state park features multiple campgrounds, boat ramps, and hiking trails as well as exceptional examples of structures created by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s.  Facilities are managed for the Bureau of Reclamation by the Wyoming Division of State Parks and Historic Sites. 
The park had its beginnings with construction of the Guernsey Dam, which was completed in 1927.  Beginning in 1934, workers with the Civilian Conservation Corps created recreational facilities on the land surrounding the dam's reservoir. Their labors came to an end in 1939. Park management fell to the state of Wyoming in 1957. 
Lake Guernsey State Park (also known as Guernsey State Park Historic District, Lake Guernsey Park, Guernsey Lake Park, or Guernsey State Park) was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1997 for its Civilian Conservation Corps buildings and structures.  The historic district contains 60 contributing resources: 14 buildings, 3 sites, and 43 structures, as well as 46 non-contributing resources.  
The Guernsey State Park Museum offers information about the CCC and the natural and cultural history of the area.   The park contains a separate National Historic Landmark, the Oregon Trail Ruts. Register Cliff, another feature of the Oregon Trail listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is located two miles southeast of the park. 
The park has seven campgrounds and three boat ramps. Fish species include walleye, yellow perch, and channel catfish. Fish populations are affected by the reservoir's twice-yearly draw-downs. 
- "Guernsey State Park". Protected Planet. IUCN. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "Guernsey Dam". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Table 1. Facilities managed by Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites and Trails" (PDF). SOAR 2021. Wyoming Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources. p. 12. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- Begley, Susan; Carr, Ethan (January 6, 1997). "National Historic Landmark Nomination: Lake Guernsey State Park". National Park Service. Retrieved December 1, 2015.
- "Listing of National Historic Landmarks by State: Wyoming" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved December 1, 2015.
- "Guernsey State Park". Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails. State of Wyoming. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- "Guernsey Reservoir Facilities". Bureau of Reclamation. Retrieved June 24, 2016.
- "Guernsey Dam". National Park Service. Retrieved June 24, 2016.
- "Lake Guernsey State Park: Accompanying 20 images (photos and plans), from 1977, 1994, and c. 1935". NRHP database. National Park Service. Retrieved December 1, 2015.
- "Guernsey State Park". Sangres.com. Retrieved December 1, 2015.
- "Guernsey Museum Digitization Project". Wyoming State Parks & Historic Sites. Retrieved December 1, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to
Guernsey State Park.
- Guernsey State Park Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails
- Guernsey State Park Brochure Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails
- Lake Guernsey State Park National Historic Landmark at the Wyoming State Historic Preservation Office
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. WY-81, " Guernsey State Park Museum, Highway 317, Guernsey, Platte County, WY", 11 photos, 1 color transparency, 1 photo caption page
Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS) documentation:
- HALS No. WY-2-A, " Guernsey State Park, Men's Room", 1 photo, 1 photo caption page
- HALS No. WY-2-B, " Guernsey State Park, Park Sign", 1 photo, 1 photo caption page
- HALS No. WY-2-C, " Guernsey State Park, Castle Picnic Shelter", 1 photo, 1 photo caption page
- HALS No. WY-2-D, " Guernsey State Park, Water Fountain", 2 photos, 1 photo caption page
- HALS No. WY-2-E, " Guernsey State Park, Picnic Shelter", 2 photos, 1 photo caption page