|Founder||Mary Ann Liebert|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Larchmont, New York |
|Publication types||Academic journals, books, and trade magazines|
|No. of employees||100 (2000) |
Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. is a privately held independent publishing company founded by its president, Mary Ann Liebert, in 1980.   The company publishes peer-reviewed academic journals, books, and trade magazines in the areas of biotechnology, bio medical research/ life sciences; clinical medicine, surgery, and nursing; technology and engineering; environmental science; public health and policy; law, regulation, and education.
A key focus of the publisher's titles is on niche topics overlooked by larger publishers, with new titles passing company board approval but eschewing traditional market research before starting publication. 
- AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses
- Childhood Obesity
- DNA and Cell Biology
- Election Law Journal
- Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Journal of Computational Biology
- Journal of Neurotrauma
- Journal of Palliative Medicine
- Journal of Women's Health
- LGBT Health
- Population Health Management
- Rejuvenation Research
- Surgical Infections
The company's first publication was the Journal of Interferon Research, launched in 1981.  A couple of months later, Genetic Engineering News was launched, which by 2000 had a circulation of 50,000.  The combined circulation of all titles from the publisher in 2000 was 250,000. 
The company's top five publications by revenue as of 2000 were: Genetic Engineering News (50,000), Westchester Wag (50,000), Journal of Women's Health and Gender-Based Medicine (5,000), Human Gene Therapy (2,300), and AIDS Research and Human Retrovirus (2,150).  Westchester Wag is an example of Liebert publications outside of medical topics, focusing on the social scene in Westchester County, New York; another example is Rinkmagazine, which focuses on skating and has a circulation of 8,000 as of 2000. 
- Worley, Dwight R. (23 July 2000). "Genetic Genius". Business. The Journal News. White Plains, New York: Gannett. pp. 1, 2&ndash, D. Retrieved 31 July 2018 – via Newspapers.com. Part 2 of the article appears at https://www.newspapers.com/clip/22386499/genetic_genius_part_2/ .
- McElroy, Emily; Kubilius, Ramune (2003). "An Interview with Mary Ann Liebert and Tom Mulak" (PDF). Serials Review. 29 (2). doi: 10.1016/S0098-7913(03)00033-9. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 March 2006.
- "Company Overview of Mary Ann Liebert, Inc". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- Lancaster, Hal (6 August 1995). "Some people are born to be entrepreneurs". Wisconsin State Journal (Reprint from Wall Street Journal). Madison, Wisconsin. p. 1H. Retrieved July 31, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Publication List A - Z". Mary Ann Liebert.
- "The CRISPR Journal, a new peer-reviewed publication launching in 2018". EurekAlert!. Retrieved 2018-03-04.