|Florewood State Park|
|Location||Leflore, Mississippi, United States|
FLOREWOOD STATE PARK Latitude and Longitude:
|Elevation||131 ft (40 m) |
|Governing body||Leflore County|
|Website||Florewood State Park|
Florewood State Park, also known as Florewood River Plantation State Park, is a closed public recreation area in the U.S. state of Mississippi. The state park is located off U.S. Highway 82 on the western edge of Greenwood.
The park originated in 1973 when the Moor family deeded property to the state of Mississippi for use as a "living historical plantation."  In 2005, a bill introduced before the Mississippi Legislature authorized the disposal of Florewood Plantation State Park and four other state parks.  An auction company offered the "entirety of Florewood River Plantation State Park" at auction on July 23, 2005.  Although the department intended to keep the park open as a day-use facility with "picnic pavilions and picnic tables,"  the park was leased to Leflore County in 2007. 
As of 2016, the park was described as "temporarily closed due to renovation" by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks.  The 2015-2016 edition of Mississippi Outdoor Digest listed the park as operated by Leflore County and temporarily closed. 
- "Florewood River Plantation State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Conservatorship v. Mississippi" (PDF). Supreme Court of Mississippi. December 28, 2009. Retrieved December 8, 2016.
"House Bill 1657". Mississippi Legislature. Retrieved June 29, 2009.
Section 19. ...Pursuant to the above mentioned authority, the Legislature hereby identifies the following state parks as properties to be promptly disposed of by the Commission through closure, transfer, lease or sale:...Florewood Plantation State Park.
- "Florewood River Plantation State Park & Museum Absolute Auction". Stevens Auction Company. July 23, 2005. Archived from the original on 2010-01-28. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- Elkins, Ashley (July 19, 2005). "Auction sells history". The Daily Journal. Tupelo, Miss. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- "Florewood State Park". Parks and Destinations. Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- "Florewood State Park" (PDF). Mississippi Outdoor Digest. Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks. pp. 59, 64. Retrieved December 8, 2016.
- Florewood State Park Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks