Felix Township, Grundy County, Illinois Information (Geography)
Location in Grundy County
Grundy County's location in Illinois
FELIX TOWNSHIP GRUNDY COUNTY ILLINOIS Latitude and Longitude:
|• Total||11.99 sq mi (31.1 km2)|
|• Land||10.88 sq mi (28.2 km2)|
|• Water||1.11 sq mi (2.9 km2) 9.26%|
|Elevation||545 ft (166 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||406.9/sq mi (157.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 ( CST)|
|• Summer ( DST)||UTC-5 ( CDT)|
Felix Township, Grundy County, is named for Felix Grundy, Senator from Tennessee.  The township was formed from portions of Wauponsee and Aux Sable townships in November, 1854.  Most of old Felix township was partitioned to form Goose Lake Township on September 15, 1897. These early boundary changes occurred mainly due to coal mining activity.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 11.99 square miles (31.1 km2), of which 10.88 square miles (28.2 km2) (or 90.74%) is land and 1.11 square miles (2.9 km2) (or 9.26%) is water. 
- Eileen at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
|U.S. Decennial Census |
- Coal City Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State Senate District 38
- "Felix Township, Grundy County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 125.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-10-20. Retrieved 2007-10-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title ( link)
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2016.