This biography of a living person is in the category Category:American people of Italian descent, but no reliable sources are cited to verify its inclusion. (October 2018) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|47th Lieutenant Governor of Illinois|
|Assumed office |
January 12, 2015
|Preceded by||Sheila Simon|
|Succeeded by||Juliana Stratton (Elect)|
|Born||November 12, 1970|
Miami, Florida, U.S.
Florida International University (
John Marshall Law School,
Chicago ( JD)
Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti (born November 12, 1970) is an American lawyer and politician serving as the 47th and current Lieutenant Governor of Illinois. Her term began January 12, 2015.  Prior to being elected alongside Governor Bruce Rauner on November 4, 2014, she served on the Wheaton City Council.  
Her first language is Spanish.  She earned a bachelor's degree in music from Florida International University and a juris doctor from The John Marshall Law School in Chicago. She is an attorney and adjunct professor of law at John Marshall Law School.  
Sanguinetti is the first Hispanic to be elected to the office of Lieutenant Governor in Illinois and is the first female Hispanic Lieutenant Governor in the United States. 
- Puente, Teresa (2014-11-05). "Evelyn Sanguinetti is Illinois' first Hispanic lieutenant governor". Chicago Now. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
- Tareen, Sophia (2013-10-08). "Bruce Rauner Picks Wheaton's Sanguinetti as Running Mate". NBC 5 Chicago. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
- Lurz, Nathan - "Wheaton City Council Members Happy for Sanguinetti's Win". Suburban Life, published November 10, 2014; retrieved November 16, 2014.
- "Evelyn Sanguinetti fun facts". RebootIllinois.com. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti: Candidate Profile". Daily Herald. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
Lieutenant Governor of Illinois
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|