|Ellsworth, New Hampshire|
ELLSWORTH NEW HAMPSHIRE Latitude and Longitude:
|• Total||21.5 sq mi (55.6 km2)|
|• Land||21.4 sq mi (55.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.47%|
|Elevation||1,174 ft (358 m)|
|• Density||3.9/sq mi (1.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 ( Eastern)|
|• Summer ( DST)||UTC-4 ( Eastern)|
|GNIS feature ID||0873589|
This section does not cite any sources. (April 2012) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Originally known as Trecothick, after Barlow Trecothick, a Bostonian who moved to London. He was an Alderman and MP and a Lord Mayor of the City of London. He had a country estate at Addington, London, which is now called Addington Palace.
The first census of the town, in 1800, reported 47 residents.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 21.5 square miles (55.7 km2), of which 21.4 sq mi (55.4 km2) is land and 0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2) is water, comprising 0.47% of the town. The highest point in Ellsworth is the summit of Mount Kineo, at 3,313 feet (1,010 m) above sea level. Ellsworth lies fully within the Merrimack River watershed. 
|U.S. Decennial Census |
As of the census  of 2000, there were 87 people, 32 households, and 19 families residing in the town. The population density was 4.1 people per square mile (1.6/km²). There were 72 housing units at an average density of 3.4 per square mile (1.3/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 96.55% White, and 3.45% Native American.
There were 32 households out of which 34.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.1% were married couples living together, none have a female householder with no husband present, and 40.6% were non-families. 18.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.72 and the average family size was 3.37.
In the town, the population was spread out with 29.9% under the age of 18, 3.4% from 18 to 24, 23.0% from 25 to 44, 28.7% from 45 to 64, and 14.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females, there were 102.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 110.3 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $33,750, and the median income for a family was $34,750. Males had a median income of $26,500 versus $21,250 for females. The per capita income for the town was $22,705. None of the population and none of the families were below the poverty line.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ellsworth, New Hampshire.|
- United States Census Bureau, American FactFinder, 2010 Census figures. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Dry Towns" (PDF). NH Liquor Commission.
- Foster, Debra H.; Batorfalvy, Tatianna N.; Medalie, Laura (1995). Water Use in New Hampshire: An Activities Guide for Teachers. U.S. Department of the Interior and U.S. Geological Survey.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2017 (PEPANNRES): Minor Civil Divisions – New Hampshire". Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.