Elgin Schoolhouse State Historic Site Information
|Elgin Schoolhouse |
State Historic Site
Elgin Schoolhouse State Historic Site, June 2015
|Location||Caliente, Lincoln, Nevada, United States|
ELGIN SCHOOLHOUSE STATE HISTORIC SITE Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||0.69 acres (0.28 ha) |
|Elevation||3,402 ft (1,037 m) |
|Governing body||Nevada Division of State Parks|
|Website||Elgin Schoolhouse State Historic Site|
Elgin Schoolhouse State Historic Site is a state park property in Nevada, United States, preserving a historic one-room schoolhouse that operated from 1922 to 1967.  In 1998, the building was restored at private expense to its original appearance. In July 2005, it became a state historic site.  Later that year, floods damaged Nevada State Route 317, restricting access to the site. The park features half of the school's original furnishings and other items authentic to the time period. It is open for tours by appointment. 
- "Inventory of State Lands" (PDF). Nevada Division of State Lands. May 2016. Retrieved February 1, 2017.
- "Elgin". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Elgin Schoolhouse State Historic Park". Nevada State Parks. Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved February 1, 2017.
- "History of Elgin Schoolhouse State Historic Park". Nevada State Parks. Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved February 1, 2017.
- Elgin Schoolhouse State Historic Site Nevada State Parks
|This Nevada school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|