EDWARDS COLORADO Latitude and Longitude:
|• Total||26.8 sq mi (69.4 km2)|
|• Land||26.6 sq mi (69.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||7,221 ft (2,201 m)|
|• Density||385/sq mi (148.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 ( MST)|
|• Summer ( DST)||UTC-6 ( MDT)|
|ZIP code |
|GNIS feature ID||0204666|
Edwards is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Eagle County, Colorado, United States. Edwards is the principal community of the Edwards Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 10,266 at the 2010 census,   up from 8,257 at the 2000 census. The Edwards Post Office has the ZIP code 81632. 
Edwards is located in central Eagle County at  It is in the valley of the Eagle River and extends southwards up the valleys of Lake Creek and Squaw Creek, at the north end of the Sawatch Range. It is bordered to the east by the town of Avon. U.S. Route 6 runs through the center of Edwards on the south side of the Eagle River, while Interstate 70 runs through the CDP north of the river, with access from Exit 163. Via I-70, it is 14 miles (23 km) east to Vail, 110 miles (180 km) east to Denver, 17 miles (27 km) west to Eagle, and 47 miles (76 km) west to Glenwood Springs.(39.640178, −106.592325).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the Edwards CDP has a total area of 26.8 square miles (69.4 km2), of which 26.6 square miles (69.0 km2) is land and 0.15 square miles (0.4 km2), or 0.57%, is water. 
|U.S. Decennial Census |
As of the census  of 2000, there were 8,257 people, 2,852 households, and 1,888 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 207.9 people per square mile (80.3/km²). There were 3,953 housing units at an average density of 99.6 per square mile (38.4/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 82.39% White, 0.34% African American, 0.40% Native American, 0.82% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 14.56% from other races, and 1.44% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 27.24% of the population. There are a number of Jews in the population.  
There were 2,852 households out of which 36.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.4% were married couples living together, 5.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.8% were non-families. 18.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 1.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.89 and the average family size was 3.24.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 25.4% under the age of 18, 9.9% from 18 to 24, 40.4% from 25 to 44, 21.4% from 45 to 64, and 2.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females, there were 116.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 122.1 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $70,869, and the median income for a family was $83,887. Males had a median income of $42,009 versus $31,377 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $39,784. About 2.9% of families and 6.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.0% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Colorado Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-02-25.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Post offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 6 March 2016. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- Dawson, John Frank. Place names in Colorado: why 700 communities were so named, 150 of Spanish or Indian origin. Denver, CO: The J. Frank Dawson Publishing Co. p. 19.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Edwards CDP, Colorado". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 25, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "'Medicine and Morals' class coming to Edwards". Vail Daily. February 10, 2011.
- "'Kabbalah of You' course offered in Edwards". Vail, CO Colorado. Vail Daily. October 25, 2012.