This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Diocese of Gaylord
|Territory||Counties of Charlevoix, Emmet, Cheboygan, Presque Isle, Leelanau, Antrim, Otsego, Montmorency, Alpena, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Crawford, Oscoda, Alcona, Manistee, Wexford, Missaukee, Roscommon, Ogemaw, and Iosco|
|Area||11,171 sq mi (28,930 km2)|
|(as of 2018)|
46,095  (9.1%)
|Established||December 19, 1970 (48 years ago)|
|Cathedral||St. Mary, Our Lady of Mount Carmel Cathedral|
|Patron saint||Our Lady of Mount Carmel|
|Bishop||Steven J. Raica|
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Gaylord ( Latin: Dioecesis Gaylordensis) is an ecclesiastical territory or diocese of the Roman Catholic Church in the Northern Michigan region of the United States. It comprises the twenty-one most northern counties of the lower peninsula of the state, and includes the cities of Gaylord, Traverse City, Alpena, Manistee and Petoskey. The fifth and current bishop is Steven J. Raica.
The diocese covers approximately 11,171 square miles (28,930 km2) and has a population of 505,000, 66,000 of whom are Catholic. It contains 77 parishes and 17 schools. 
Pope Paul VI created the Diocese of Gaylord December 19, 1970 from territory separated from the Dioceses of Saginaw and Grand Rapids, and erected it on July 20, 1971.  He named Edmund Szoka as first bishop and the church of St. Mary, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel as cathedral.
- Edmund Casimir Szoka (1971-1981), appointed Archbishop of Detroit and later President of the Prefecture for the Economic Affairs of the Holy See and President of the Pontifical Commission for Vatican City State and Governorate of Vatican City State (elevated to Cardinal in 1988)
- Robert John Rose (1981-1989), appointed Bishop of Grand Rapids
- Patrick R. Cooney (1989-2009)
- Bernard Hebda (2009-2013), appointed Coadjutor Bishop of Newark and later Archbishop of Saint Paul and Minneapolis
- Steven J. Raica (2014–present)
- Catholic Central High School, Manistee
- St. Francis High School, Traverse City
- St. Mary Cathedral High School, Gaylord
- St. Mary High School, Lake Leelanau
- St. Michael Academy, Petoskey
- Catholic Church by country
- Catholic Church hierarchy
- List of the Catholic dioceses of the United States
- "About Our Diocese". Diocese of Gaylord. Retrieved 2016-03-16.
* 1.