Demopolis Regional Airport
Demopolis Municipal Airport
Julian D. "Buzz" Sawyer Airport
NAIP aerial image, August 18, 2006
|Owner||City of Demopolis|
|Serves||Demopolis, Alabama, U.S.|
|Location||Marengo County, Alabama|
|Elevation AMSL||112 ft / 34 m|
DEMOPOLIS MUNICIPAL AIRPORT Latitude and Longitude:
Demopolis Regional Airport  ( ICAO: KDYA, FAA LID: DYA, formerly 7A2) is a city-owned, public-use airport located six nautical miles (7 mi, 11 km) southwest of the central business district of Demopolis, a city in Marengo County, Alabama, United States.  It is also known as Demopolis Municipal Airport   and Julian D. "Buzz" Sawyer Airport. 
This airport is assigned a three-letter location identifier of DYA by the Federal Aviation Administration, but it does not have an International Air Transport Association (IATA) airport code.   
The airport covers an area of 438 acres (177 ha) at an elevation of 112 feet (34 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 4/22 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,002 by 100 feet (1,525 x 30 m). 
For the 12-month period ending September 28, 2016, the airport had 5,250 aircraft operations, an average of 14 per day: 99% general aviation and 1% military. At that time there were 18 aircraft based at this airport: 16 single- engine and 2 multi-engine. 
- FAA Airport Master Record for DYA – DEMOPOLIS RGNL ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 10, 2016.
- "Demopolis Municipal Airport". City of Demopolis. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- "Demopolis' Sawyer tapped for Aviation Hall of Fame". The Demopolis Times. December 7, 2010.
- "Airport renamed after Sawyer". The Demopolis Times. April 26, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A (PDF, 2 MB)" (PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 27, 2012. 2011–2015 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems.
- "2009–2013 NPIAS Report, Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.3 MB)" (PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. October 15, 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 6, 2011. 2009–2013 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems.
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- "Demopolis Regional (IATA: none, ICAO: KDYA, FAA: DYA)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- This article incorporates public domain material from the Air Force Historical Research Agency website http://www.afhra.af.mil/.
- Aerial image as of January 1993 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for DYA, effective February 28, 2019
- Resources for this airport: