List of beaches in Delaware Information
The Delaware Beaches are located along the Atlantic Ocean in the eastern part of Sussex County, Delaware, which is in the southern part of the state.  In addition to beaches along the ocean, the area offers many amenities, including restaurants, nightlife, fishing, golf courses, boardwalk areas, and tax-free shopping.   The beaches are popular tourist destinations for residents from the nearby areas of Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Wilmington, Philadelphia, South Jersey, and Hampton Roads.  Out of the 30 states with coastline, the Delaware Beaches ranked number 1 in water quality in 2011  and again in 2014. 
Major beaches in Delaware from north to south:
- Broadkill Beach (on Delaware Bay)
- Lewes (on Delaware Bay)
- Cape Henlopen State Park
- North Shores
- Henlopen Acres
- Rehoboth Beach
- Dewey Beach
- Delaware Seashore State Park
- Sussex Shores
- Bethany Beach
- Middlesex Beach
- South Bethany
- York Beach
- Fenwick Island State Park
- Fenwick Island
In 2003, the Delaware Senate passed a bill for the coastal area of Delaware to be referred to as the "Delaware Beaches", as Delaware residents refer to their coastline as the "beach" and not the "shore" like the Jersey Shore in New Jersey. The bill called for DelDOT to change signage directing motorists to the beaches from "Shore Points" to "Beaches". 
The Delaware Beaches area, particularly the Cape Region, tend to be more affluent and populous than western portions of Sussex County. The combined population of all of the ZIP codes in the Delaware Beaches area is about 43,851 (2009). The median household income in 2009 was $77,030.
According to SeaGrant Delaware, the Delaware Beaches generate $6.9 billion annually and over $711 million in tax revenue. 
- "Delaware Beaches". Sussex County, Delaware. Retrieved 2010-05-14.
- "Home". Southern Delaware Tourism. Retrieved 2010-05-14.
- "Delaware beaches rank 1st for clean water in US". Philadelphia: WTXF-TV. Associated Press. June 26, 2014. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- Delaware State Senate, 142nd General Assembly, Senate Resolution No. 15, Delaware Senate, 2003, retrieved March 3, 2012
- "The Contribution of The Coastal Economy To The State of Delaware". SeaGrant Delaware. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- Delaware Online - Delaware Beaches
- Beach-Net.com - Information on Delaware Beaches
- Rehoboth.com - For all Vacation Information
- Town of Bethany Beach
|This Delaware state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|