|Senior Advisor to the President|
January 25, 2013 – March 6, 2015
|Preceded by||David Plouffe|
|Succeeded by||Shailagh Murray|
|White House Communications Director|
November 30, 2009 – January 25, 2013
|Preceded by||Anita Dunn (Acting)|
|Succeeded by||Jennifer Palmieri|
Howard Daniel Pfeiffer
December 24, 1975
Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.
( m. 2006; div. 2011)
Howli Ledbetter ( m. 2016)
|Education||Georgetown University ( BA)|
Pfeiffer was a long-time aide to Obama, serving in various press and communications roles throughout his 2008 campaign for the Presidency, on his presidential transition team, and in the Obama White House. He co-hosts the Pod Save America podcast with Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, and Tommy Vietor.   In 2015, Pfeiffer joined CNN as a political contributor. 
Pfeiffer was born in Wilmington, Delaware,  the son of Vivian Lear (née Strange), a learning specialist, and Gary Malick Pfeiffer, a financial officer for DuPont.   He graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University. He began his career in politics working as a spokesman for the Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) initiative of the Clinton Administration. In 2000, he joined the communications department of Al Gore's 2000 campaign for the Presidency.[ citation needed]
Following the 2000 presidential election, he went to work for the Democratic Governors Association, and later worked for Senators Tim Johnson, Tom Daschle, and Evan Bayh.  He served briefly as communications director for Evan Bayh's presidential exploratory committee.[ citation needed]
After the 2008 presidential election, Pfeiffer ran the communications office for the Obama-Biden Transition team and was then appointed Deputy White House Communications Director after the inauguration of Barack Obama. Less than a year later, after the departure of Anita Dunn, Pfeiffer was named White House Communications Director. He remained in the role for the entire first term of the Obama presidency.  At the start of President Obama's second term, Pfeiffer was promoted to Senior Advisor for Strategy and Communications, taking over most of the portfolio previously managed in the White House by David Axelrod and David Plouffe. He left the White House on March 6, 2015. 
On July 16, 2006, Pfeiffer married Sarah Elizabeth Feinberg, a senior advisor and spokeswoman for Obama's former Chief of Staff, and current senior advisor and spokeswoman for Mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanuel.  In 2011, Pfeiffer and Feinberg separated, and later divorced. 
- "Biography: Howard Daniel Pfeiffer". LegiStorm. Retrieved January 27, 2014. (subscription required)
- "Pfeiffer takes over for Dunn". Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- Rutenberg, Jim. "Opposition and a Shave: Former Obama Aides Counter Trump". The New York Times. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- "Pod Save America". Crooked Media. January 9, 2017. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- Eric Bradner (June 1, 2015). "Dan Pfeiffer joins CNN as contributor". CNN Politics. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- Rutenberg, Jim. "Times Topics, People". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- "Sarah Feinberg, H. Daniel Pfeiffer". The New York Times. 2006-07-16. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Who's who in Finance and Industry". google.ca. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- Hulse, Carl (2006-05-31). "A Build-a-Protest Approach to Immigration". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-11-07.
- "Dan Pfeiffer: The Next White House Communications Boss". Time. 2009-11-13. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- "Delaware's Dan Pfeiffer: From White House to podcaster". The News Journal. 2016-08-16. Retrieved 2017-06-07.
- "Advisors". Let America Vote. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Dan Pfeiffer and Sarah Feinberg separate", Washington Post; accessed November 18, 2016.
- "Former White House aide Dan Pfeiffer engaged to another Obama alum, Howli Ledbetter". The Washington Post. May 18, 2016. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- "Howli Pfeiffer profile". Wearerally.com. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- Schneider, Lindsay (June 21, 2018). ""Democrats Get so Mad": Pod Save America's Dan Pfeiffer on Maggie Haberman, Robert Mueller, and Who Can Beat Trump in 2020". Vanity Fair.
- Cormier, Ryan (June 14, 2018). "Former Obama advisor Dan Pfeiffer, Wilmington native, talks White House adventures in book". Delaware News Journal.
White House Director of Communications
Senior Advisor to the President
With: Brian Deese