Big Cow Creek
|- location||Near Beaver, KS, Great Plains, Kansas, United States|
|- elevation||1,483 ft (452 m)|
|Hutchinson, Kansas, United States|
COW CREEK (KANSAS) Latitude and Longitude:
|452 ft (138 m) |
|Length||112 mi (180 km), East |
|Basin size||859.5 sq mi (2,226 km2) |
|- location||Hutchinson |
|- average||1,230 cu ft/s (35 m3/s) |
|River system||Arkansas River watershed|
Cow Creek is a 112-mile-long (180 km)  stream that flows through Rice and Reno Counties, Kansas. Cow Creek is a tributary of the Arkansas River; its confluence with the Arkansas is about ten miles southeast of Hutchinson, Kansas.
In the 1850s, Buffalo Bill Mathewson ran a trading post (known as "Buffalo Bill's Well") where the Santa Fe Trail crossed Cow Creek.  From Lyons, Kansas, the well is located four miles west and one mile south.
- "Cow Creek". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 1978-10-13. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map Archived 2012-04-05 at WebCite, accessed March 29, 2011
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-02-19. Retrieved 2007-04-13.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title ( link)
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Cow Creek
- " "
- Historical marker cow creek station
- " Santa Fe Trail Research". View From USGS Aerial Photographs.
- Louise Barry, The Ranch at Cow Creek Crossing (Beach Valley, P. O.)
- Donald O. Whittemore, TMDL Salt Assessment and Analysis: Chloride Impairment in the Gar-Peace and Cow Subbasins of the Lower Arkansas River Basin. Cow Creek Subbasin
|This article about a location in Rice County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a location in Reno County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a river in Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|