Connecticut State Troubadour Information
The Connecticut State Troubadour is an honorary position, established in 1991 by the Connecticut General Assembly. The State Troubadour functions as an ambassador of music and song and promotes cultural literacy among Connecticut citizens.  It began as an annual position, in 1999 was changed to a two-year appointment,  and in 2018 was changed to a three-year appointment;  as of 2005 [update] it carries a $5,000 total stipend. The responsibilities of the position include performing at least three events at the request of the Connecticut Commission on Culture & Tourism, promoting the state in song, and serving on panels to select future state troubadours. 
- Tom Callinan - 1991-1992
- Sandy and Caroline Paton - 1993
- Phil Rosenthal - 1994
- Bill Pere - 1995 
- Mike Kachuba - 1996
- Sally Rogers (singer) - 1997
- Jeff and Synia McQuillan - 1998
- Hugh Blumenfeld - 1999-2000
- Kevin Briody - 2001-2002
- Dennis Waring - 2003-2004
- Thomasina Levy - 2005-2006 
- Pierce Campbell - 2007-2008 
- Lara Herscovitch - 2009-2010 
- Chuck Costa - 2011-2012 
- Kristen Graves - 2013-2015 
- Kate Callahan - 2016-2018 
- Nekita Waller - 2018-2021 
- Docker, Susan. "Connecticut State Troubadour". Arts Division. Connecticut Commission on Culture & Tourism. Retrieved 10 May 2007.
- Connecticut General Statutes Sec. 3-110h [within, in order of increasing scope, Chap. 33, Title 3, and Volume I], [legislative] History
- Connecticut Department of Economic & Community Development
http://cultureandtourism.org/cct/cwp/view.asp?a=3933&q=293748. Missing or empty
- Docker, Susan. "State Troubadour Selection Process". Arts Division. Connecticut Commission on Culture & Tourism. Retrieved 10 May 2007.
- "USS Connecticut Song Backstory"
- "Thomasina Levy, CT State Troubadour 2005/2006". Arts Division- Performing Artists. Connecticut Commission on Culture & Tourism. Retrieved 10 May 2007.
- "Lara Herscovitch, CT State Troubadour 2009-2010". Arts Division- Performing Artists. Connecticut Commission on Culture & Tourism. Retrieved 1 January 2009.
- "State Symbols: The State Troubador - Chuck E. Costa". ConneCTKids. State of Connecticut. 15 March 2011. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- "Kristen Graves, Connecticut's 15th State Troubadour". Arts Division- Performing Artists. Connecticut Commission on Culture & Tourism. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "Connecticut State Troubadour for 2016 - 2018 is Kate Callahan". Connecticut Office of Culture & Tourism. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Connecticut State Troubadour for 2018 - 2021 is Nekita Waller". Connecticut Office of Culture & Tourism. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
|This Connecticut-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|