Seal of Colorado Technical University
|Colorado Technical College|
|Provost||Connie Johnson, Ed.D.|
Colorado Technical University (CTU) is a for-profit university in the United States. Founded in 1965, CTU offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees, primarily in business, management, and technology. About 92% of Colorado Tech's students are fully online.  Colorado Tech has no public or official affiliation with the State of Colorado.
The university is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). It is a subsidiary of Career Education Corporation. The Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering and the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering at the Colorado Springs campus are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.  The business degree programs offered by Colorado Technical University are ACBSP accredited. 
In 2016, the school reported enrollment of 21,200 students. 
The school was established as Colorado Technical College in 1965, with a focus on training former military personnel in technical and vocational subjects. In 1995, the institution gained university status and changed its name to Colorado Technical University. 
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security recognize CTU as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education.  According to Colorado Tech, CTU has more than 70,000 graduates worldwide. [ non-primary source needed]
The university maintains Colorado campuses in Colorado Springs (main campus) and Denver, which has one campus: in Aurora.  Additionally, a number of its degree programs can be completed entirely or largely online. 
CTU campus in Sioux Falls, South Dakota closed in September 2016. 
Colorado Technical University offers accredited degree programs in business, engineering, and applied scientific disciplines, including Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Engineering, Finance, Health Sciences, Information Systems and Technology, Management, and Public Administration. 
Colorado Tech employs 41 full-time and 1204 part-time instructors. 
CTU has the following areas of study: 
- College of Business & Management
- College of Engineering & Computer Science
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Information Systems & Technology
- College of Security Studies
- College of Project Management
Colorado Technical University (CTU) ranked tied for 58th on the U.S. News & World Report lists for Best Online Programs for 2015. By 2018, it had tied for 115th with 11 other schools. 
- "2010 Course catalog : University Policies" (PDF). Campus.ctuonline.edu. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "College Navigator - Colorado Technical University-Online". Ed.gov. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "ceco-10q_20160630.htm". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "ABET - ABET accreditation". www.abet.org. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs". www.acbsp.org. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Directory of HLC Institutions". North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Higher Learning. June 20, 2010. Archived from the original on 20 June 2010. Retrieved 3 December 2018.
- "NSA/DHS National CAE in Cyber Defense Designated Institutions". National Security Agency. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "CTU Alumni". Coloradotech.edu. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Best for Vets: Colleges 2013 Online and nontraditional". Military Times. Archived from the original on 2014-11-29. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "2016 online and nontraditional colleges - Military Times". Militarytimes.com. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- "133 for-profit colleges get more than 90 percent of their revenue from taxpayers". s3.amazonaws.com. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Colorado Technical University". Classesandcareers.com. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "CTU Online and Campus Degrees". Coloradotech.edu. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "CTU Closing Its Sioux Falls Campus". KELOLAND News. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Management". www.careered.com. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Master's Degree Programs". Colorado Technical University.
- "EDGAR Pro". yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "College Navigator - Institution Not Found". nces.ed.gov. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "College Navigator - Colorado Technical University-Colorado Springs". nces.ed.gov. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Areas of Study | CTU". Coloradotech.edu. 2013-02-15. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Heightened Cash Monitoring". 20 April 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2017.