Christian Harley Cooper
July 14, 1976
|Residence||New York, New York, U.S.|
|Alma mater||King University|
Democratic (until 2017)|
Christian H. Cooper is a trader and author living in New York City. He is a frequent commentator in the Wall Street Journal,     Reuters,    Financial Times, and Bloomberg News.   His writing has appeared in The Diplomat, The Hill, Foreign Affairs, and Nautilus Magazine.
Cooper directs Banking for a New Beginning, a public/private partnership between the Aspen Institute and the US Department of State. Banking for A New Beginning focuses on work with the central banks of Partners for a New Beginning (PNB) target countries including Turkey, Tunisia, Libya, Algeria, Pakistan, Morocco, Egypt and the Palestinian Territories,  in an effort to share best practices, operational assistance, and coordinated action among the central banks.
In 2016, John Wiley announced a partnership with Cooper to create a program for candidates taking the Financial Risk Manager exam. The program is built on the existing Wiley Efficient Learning platform and Cooper's Financial Risk Manager product. The partnership was built on the view that the FRM designation would rapidly grow to be one of the premier financial designations for Chartered Financial Analysts.  In 2018, Wiley released the full series of Cooper's work on quantitative finance published in six volumes. 
In March 2018, Gravitas Ventures announced the acquisition of 7 Splinters in Time (formerly Omphalos) Cooper's first feature film as executive producer. 7 Splinters will have a July 2018 theatrical release date. The acquisition follows the film’s world premiere at the Cinequest Film Festival in San Jose, California, where it won the New Visions Award. The film stars Edoardo Ballerini, Greg Bennick, Austin Pendleton, and Emmanuelle Chriqui. 
Banking for a New Beginning is an initiative that aims to connect central banks in PNB target countries with similar financial institutions in the United States and Europe, in an effort to bridge communication and provide training and operational assistance where requested. The project will work specifically to facilitate information-sharing and best practices when it comes to supporting small and medium-sized enterprises, developing sustainable and secure energy, advancing entrepreneurship, and supporting local infrastructure development. By working closely with the central banking authorities, local businesses, and American and European counterparts, Banking for a New Beginning will facilitate coordinated banking practices as a means of cultivating globally business-friendly environments. 
- Cooper, Christian (2 October 2017). "What an international misunderstanding can tell us about the US relationship with Iran". Inkstick Media.
- Cooper, Christian H. "Why Poverty Is Like a Disease". Nautilus.
- Cooper, Christian. "Iran is the 'single greatest growth spot in the world'". Business Insider.
- Cooper, Christian. "Here's what to expect when Iran opens its doors to the world". Business Insider.
- Cooper, Christian (8 September 2014). "How about a flat tax on repatriated income?". TheHill.
- Cooper, Christian (31 August 2014). "In Iraq, A Faustian Bargain Awaits - Cicero Magazine". Cicero Magazine.
- Cooper, Christian (23 July 2014). "Managing Iran's nuclear prowess - Foreign Policy Blogs". Foreign Policy Blogs.
- Cooper, Christian H. (21 January 2014). "Limited Rights". Foreign Affairs.
- Cooper, Christian. "Iran Talks: Breaking the Mosaic of Mistrust". The Diplomat.
- Cooper, Christian. "Saving Afghanistan's Economy: The 1818 Model". The Diplomat.
- Cooper, Christian (20 June 2013). "Unreformed entitlements pose our greatest security threat". TheHill.
- Cooper, Christian. "A New Plan for a New Afghanistan". The Diplomat.
- 7 Splinters in Time (2018), Christian Cooper (Filmmaker/Director), Gabriel Judet-Weinshel (Executive Producer), Winner of the Cinequest Film Festival New Visions Award
- Wiley study guide 2016 : part 1. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-1119253488.
- Wiley FRM exam review practice questions 2016. Part 1. Wiley. 2016. ISBN 978-1119253471.
- Wiley Study Guide for 2016 Part II FRM Exam: Complete Set. Wiley. 2016. ISBN 978-1119253471.
- Wiley Practice Questions for 2016 Part II FRM Exam. Wiley. ISBN 978-1119253143.
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Member, CSIS Roundtable
- Member, Aspen Institute Society of Fellows
- Fellow, Truman National Security Project
- Member, Chatham House
- "Benchmark Treasurys Flat; Payroll Data Key To Fed Rate Outlook". The Wall Street Journal. March 31, 2011. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "Treasurys Fall On Strength In Global Stocks". The Wall Street Journal. April 20, 2011. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "Treasurys Post Longest Decline Since 1990 On Fed Outlook, Supply". The Wall Street Journal. March 29, 2011. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "Short-Dated Treasurys Lead Rebound On Middle East Worries". The Wall Street Journal. March 7, 2011. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks, gold sink on nuclear fear, bonds jump". Reuters. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- Frierson, Burton. "Japan brings money home to rebuild". Reuters. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "TREASURIES-Rising food, oil prices hurt bond market". Reuters. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- Walker, Susanne (March 28, 2011). "Treasuries Erase Drop Before Two-Year Note Auction as Yields Draw Buyers". Bloomberg. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- Eddings, Cordell (February 11, 2011). "Treasuries Rise on Refuge Demand as Mubarak Steps Down Amid Turmoil". Bloomberg. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "2010 Annual Report" (PDF). Center for Strategic and International Studies. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "John J. Hamre". www.csis.org. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "PNB Local Chapters". Archived from the original on August 10, 2015. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- "Wiley Partners With Christian H. Cooper To Deliver Cutting-Edge Study Materials For FRM® Candidates Worldwide". PRWeb. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "Wiley FRM - FRM Study Material & Exam Prep". Wiley FRM. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- McNary, Dave (2018-03-24). "Film News Roundup: 'Black Panther' Hits $100 Million at Chinese Box Office". Variety. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "PNB Welcomes Four New Members to Partnership - The Aspen Institute". The Aspen Institute. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- Cooper, Christian H. (April 20, 2017). "Why Poverty Is Like a Disease". Nautilus (science magazine). Retrieved April 20, 2017.