|Chadron State Park|
Chadron State Park, October 2017
|Location||Dawes County, Nebraska, United States|
|Nearest city||Chadron, Nebraska|
CHADRON STATE PARK Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||973 acres (394 ha) |
|Elevation||3,999 ft (1,219 m) |
|Designation||Nebraska state park|
|Administrator||Nebraska Game and Parks Commission|
|Website||Chadron State Park|
Chadron State Park is a public recreation area located within Nebraska National Forest, nine miles (14 km) south of Chadron, Nebraska, in the northwestern portion of the state.  The park's 973 acres (394 ha) include a portion of the Pine Ridge escarpment and Chadron Creek. The park is wooded with ponderosa pine throughout and cottonwood trees near the creek and lagoon.
Under the work program guest cabins were constructed and improvements made at the swimming pool and picnic and recreation area. Roads and trails were improved and drainage structures built. Brush dams were built to control soil and stream bank erosion, and the water supply system at the headquarters area was improved. 
In August 2012, with the park threatened by the 58,000+ acre West Ash Wildfire, crews set backfires in the park to deprive the fire of fuel. The controlled burns worked and saved all structures and equipment. The park reopened to visitors in September 2012.  Although 90% of the park burned, no infrastructure was lost and its forest survived intact, with most of the fire having stayed on the ground as an understory grass fire. 
Activities include swimming in a regulation-sized pool, horseback riding, archery, disc golf, hiking, tennis, sand volleyball, and fishing. The park has rental paddleboats, hiking trails, campground, and cabins. 
- "Chadron State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Chadron State Park". Nebraska Game and Parks Commission. Archived from the original on November 10, 2015. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- "Chadron State Park". Nebraska Game and Parks Commission. Retrieved January 4, 2017.
- Humberger, Charles H. (1994). "The Civilian Conservation Corps in Nebraska" (PDF). Nebraska History. 7: 292–300. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Gaarder, Nancy (September 7, 2012). "Chadron State Park reopening after fire". Kearney Hub. Retrieved October 22, 2012.
- "Forest management helps save Chadron State Park from fire" (PDF). Annual Report. Nebraska Forest Service. 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2017.