Cedar River National Grassland Information
|Cedar River National Grassland|
|Location||Sioux and Grant counties, North Dakota, United States|
|Nearest city||Lemmon, SD|
CEDAR RIVER NATIONAL GRASSLAND Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||6,717 acres (27.18 km2) |
|Governing body||U.S. Forest Service|
|Website||Cedar River National Grassland|
Cedar River National Grassland is a National Grassland located in Sioux County and Grant County in southern North Dakota, United States. It has a land area of 6,717 acres (2,718 ha).  The portion in Sioux County lies within the Standing Rock Indian Reservation. Within the grassland are topographic features such as level plains and rolling hills. Dry streams and some small flowing streams exist throughout the Grasslands.
The grassland is administered by the U.S. Forest Service as part of the Dakota Prairie Grasslands from offices in Bismarck, North Dakota. There are local ranger district offices (shared with Grand River National Grassland) in Lemmon, South Dakota.
- Hansen, Kurt (2008). Plants of the Grand River and Cedar River National Grasslands:2008 (PDF). USDA United States Forest Service. p. 56.
- Media related to Cedar River National Grassland at Wikimedia Commons
- Dakota Prairie Grasslands - U.S. Forest Service
- List of bird species on the Grand and Cedar River National Grasslands.
- Map showing free dispersed camping opportunities on the Cedar River National Grassland (no developed campground)
|This article related to a protected area in North Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|