|Headquarters||Hyannis, Massachusetts  |
|Service area||Barnstable County, Massachusetts|
|Service type||public transit|
|Hubs||Hyannis Transportation Center,
Orleans Stop and Shop
|Daily ridership||550,000 (annual; 2010) |
|Operator||MV Transportation |
|Administrator||Thomas S. Cahir  |
Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority (CCRTA) operates a bus transit system of fixed and flexible routes, seasonal rail service to Boston, and a paratransit service in the Cape Cod region of Massachusetts. The CCRTA was created under the provisions of Chapter 161B of the Massachusetts General Laws in 1976. Its main hub and base of operations is the Hyannis Transportation Center on Main Street in Hyannis, Massachusetts. 
Scheduled route service (called The Breeze until early 2008 ) consists of seven year-round lines covering every town on mainland Cape Cod. During the summer months (late June through early September) service runs seven days a week from approximately 5:30 am until midnight, and is complimented by local shuttles in downtown Hyannis, Provincetown, and Woods Hole. Service is somewhat reduced in the shoulder season ( Memorial Day to late June and Labor Day to Columbus Day) and is limited in the off season when four of the eight routes do not run and the remainder only operate 5:30 am to 8 pm, Monday through Friday with most routes having reduced service on Saturday.
|Sealine||Hyannis||Main Street, Falmouth||Continues to Woods Hole if the WHOOSH isn't running. |
One morning inbound trip continues to the Sturgis Charter School.
|H2O||Hyannis||Orleans||One morning inbound trip continues to the Sturgis Charter School.|
|The Flex||Dennis Port||North Truro||Continues to Bradford Street in Provincetown if The Shuttle isn't running.|
|Villager||Hyannis||Barnstable County Complex||Stops North of Bearses Way are by request on weekends during the off season. |
Continues to Barnstable Harbor by request during the summer.
Stops at the airport by request on all runs.
|The Sandwich Line||Hyannis||Sagamore Park and Ride||One morning inbound trip continues to the Sturgis Charter School|
|The Bourne Run||Buzzards Bay||Mashpee Commons|
|WHOOSH Trolley||Main Street Famouth||Steamship Authority Docks|
|Provincetown Shuttle||North Truro||Race Point Beach / First Pilgrims Park||Weekends only during the shoulder season. First Pilgrims Park service is limited|
(Hyannis Area Trolley)
|Hyannis||Kalmus Beach||Free shuttle serving Veterans Park Beach, Kalmus Beach, and Sea Street Beach as well as various points on Main Street.|
|Runs year round|
|Runs in the summer and the shoulder season|
|Runs in the summer only|
The Flex is unique in that passengers may board or disembark up to 3/4 mile from the actual route itself. Off-route pickups can be scheduled by calling CCRTA customer service. Higher fares apply when boarding or disembarking off-route.
DART or "Dial a Ride Transportation" (formerly known as the "B-Bus") is the authority's federally mandated door to door paratransit service. Unlike many transit agencies (such as MBTA's THE RIDE) riders do not need to qualify on the basis of disability or income, and any person who resides within CCRTA's service area can utilize DART. Fares are $3 each way or $1.50 for seniors and disabled, and unlike fixed route service, DART can be scheduled on Sundays.
The CapeFLYER service is scheduled passenger rail service that runs between South Station in Boston and the Hyannis Transportation Center. The service operates on Friday evenings and on weekends from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Distance based fares were eliminated in 2006.  RFID equipped electronic fareboxes were introduced in 2012. Passengers may now pay their fares with an MBTA Charlie Card   or cash. As of January 2013, CCRTA fares are as follows: 
|Regular (5-59)||Reduced (60+/ Disabled)|
|Flex Off Route Fare||$4.00||$2.00|
|One Day Pass||$6.00||$3.00|
*Valid for 31 days after initial validation.
Free transfers are available between the WOOSH and Sealine as well as the H2O East and West but not between other routes. Daily and monthly passes are valid on all routes, however a surcharge of $2.00 ($1.00 senior/ disabled) is collected for pass holders riding the Flex who board or disembark off-route.
Parking Rates at the Hyannis Transportation Center:
Dec 15th - Mar 31st Daily $5.00 Weekly $30.00
Apr 1st - Jun 14th
Jun 15th - Sep 14th
Sep 15th - Dec 14th
IMPORTANT NOTICE: "Daily" parking purchases will be limited to 21 days and "Weekly" purchases will be limited to 3 weeks when purchased at the parking machines. If you wish to purchase a longer length of time, you must come to the Transportation Center 2nd Floor Administrative Offices during business hours. Extended stay purchases are not available from the P&B ticket booth in the lobby. Please be aware that parking spaces are not guaranteed and vehicles which return daily, even with a ticket may not have space available.
- "INDEPENDENT STATE AUDITOR'S REPORT ON CERTAIN ACTIVITIES OF THE CAPE COD REGIONAL TRANSIT AUTHORITY JULY 1, 2004 TO MARCH 31, 2007" (PDF). Auditor of the Commonwealth. Retrieved 2007-11-30.
- Cambridge Systematics (January 2003). "Evaluation of the Cape Cod Advanced Public Transit System" (PDF). U.S. Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-09-11. Retrieved 2007-11-30.
- "LEGAL NOTICES - BULK FUEL: REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS". CCRTA. 2007-05-12. Retrieved 2007-11-30.
- Mark Mumford (2002-08-23). "Transportation Center dedication said to be one month away". The Barnstable Patriot. Archived from the original on September 22, 2003. Retrieved 2007-11-30.
- "RTA Profile: Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority". MassDOT. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- MV Transportation Managing Transit Operations for Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority
- David Still II (1999-11-11). "Turkington seeks change in CCRTA". The Barnstable Patriot. Archived from the original on January 18, 2005. Retrieved 2007-11-30.
- "Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority". Web.archive.org. 2007-06-27. Archived from the original on 2007-06-27. Retrieved 2015-06-12.
- "Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority". Web.archive.org. 2005-06-27. Archived from the original on 2005-06-27. Retrieved 2015-06-12.
- "Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority - Electronic Fares System". Capecodtransit.org. Retrieved 2015-06-12.
- Susan Vaughn (2012-11-01). "Charlie Card comes to the Cape - News - Wicked Local - Boston, MA". Wickedlocal.com. Retrieved 2015-06-12.
- "Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority - Fares and Passes". Capecodtransit.org. Retrieved 2015-06-12.