|Raymond J. Callahan State Park|
|Location||Framingham, Marlborough, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States|
CALLAHAN STATE PARK Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||958 acres (388 ha) |
|Elevation||410 ft (120 m) |
|Named for||A local journalist|
|Governing body||Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation|
|Website||Callahan State Park|
Callahan State Park is a public recreation area covering 958 acres (388 ha) mostly in Framingham and Marlborough, Massachusetts, with a small section in the adjoining town of Southborough.  The state park is managed by the Department of Conservation and Recreation. 
The park is home to a wide variety of trees both coniferous and deciduous. Wildlife include snapping turtles, spotted turtles, red bellied turtles, white tail deer, water snakes, tree frogs, most New England frog and toad varieties, minks, fisher cat, red fox, coyote, largemouth bass at Eagle Pond, various common trout, sunfish and blue gills, herons, egrets, bobolinks, goldfinches, orioles, red tail hawks, mocking birds, sparrows, swifts, swallows, grackles, cow birds, cat birds, barred owl, other various birds of prey, robins, cardinals, and blue jays. Deer flies, ticks, and mosquitoes are common. Garter snakes can be seen basking on dirt paths in spring and summer.
The park has 7 miles (11 km) of trails for hiking, mountain biking, cross-country skiing, and horseback riding.  Dog walking is a common activity.  The Bay Circuit Trail crosses through the park. Parking areas are situated on Millwood Street, Edmands Road, and Broadmeadow Road. 
- "Richard Callahan State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "2012 Acreage Listing" (PDF). Department of Conservation and Recreation. April 2012. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- "Trail Map" (PDF). Callahan State Park. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- "Callahan State Park". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- Harris, Randy. "A Timeline of Framingham History". Framingham.com. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- "Chapter 489" (PDF). Acts, 1971. Massachusetts Legislature. July 1, 1971. p. 343. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- "Callahan State Park". Callahan Dog Owners Group. Retrieved April 10, 2017.
- "Callahan State Park". New England Mountain Bike Association. Retrieved April 10, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Callahan State Park.|