Butlerville, Indiana Information
Location of Butlerville in Jennings County, Indiana
BUTLERVILLE INDIANA Latitude and Longitude:
|• Total||0.38 sq mi (0.98 km2)|
|• Land||0.38 sq mi (0.98 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||807 ft (246 m)|
|• Density||745/sq mi (287.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||431906 |
Butlerville is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in central Campbell Township, Jennings County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 282. 
The Butlerville post office was established in 1851.  An early settler being a former resident of Butlerville, Ohio, caused the name to be selected.  Butlerville was legally platted in 1853. 
The community was home to Butlerville High School, home of the Bulldogs; which graduated classes from ~1910 thru 1950. Today, the community is serviced by Jennings County High School.
The community is bordered to the west by Southeast Purdue Agricultural Center.
|U.S. Decennial Census |
- "Butlerville, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Butlerville CDP, Indiana". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Jennings County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- Jennings Co. Historical Society (1999). Jennings Co., Indiana - Pictorial. Turner Publishing Company. p. 37.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995).
From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 84.
...was platted on July 27, 1853.
- DeLorme. Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. 3rd ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 52. ISBN 0-89933-319-2.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-02-14. Accessed 2008-06-01.
- Zip Code Lookup
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
|This Jennings County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|