|Bull Run Mountains Natural Area Preserve|
|Location||Fauquier and Prince William counties, Virginia|
BULL RUN MOUNTAINS NATURAL AREA PRESERVE Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||2,486 acres (10.06 km2)|
|Owner||Virginia Outdoors Foundation|
Bull Run Mountains Natural Area Preserve is a 2,486-acre (10.06 km2) Natural Area Preserve located along the Bull Run Mountains in Fauquier and Prince William counties, Virginia. Dedicated in 2002, the majority of the preserve is owned and operated by the Virginia Outdoors Foundation (VOF). It harbors a number of outstanding natural community types, some of which are rare in the Commonwealth. There are also quartzite cliffs and boulder fields around High Point Mountain within the preserve's boundaries. 
While most of the preserve is prioritized for scientific and educational activities, the Virginia Outdoors Foundation keeps 800 acres of the preserve open to the public on Friday-Sunday (8am-6pm) for low-impact uses such as hiking and wildlife observation.  On November 25, 2014, the Virginia Outdoors Foundation announced that the private landowner of the High Point cliff area on the preserve would close the cliffs to the public for an indefinite period of recovery and restoration, starting January 15, 2015. 
The preserve is part of the Virginia Outdoors Foundation's Bull Run Mountains Special Project Area, which encompasses 12,800 acres (52 km2). 
- "Bull Run Mountains Natural Area Preserve". Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation. Retrieved December 29, 2016.
- "Visiting the Preserve - Virginia Outdoors Foundation". Virginia Outdoors Foundation. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "Virginia Outdoors Foundation Portion of Bull Run Mountains to be closed for recovery and restoration". Virginia Outdoors Foundation. Retrieved December 29, 2016.
- "Virginia Outdoors Foundation VOF Special Project Areas". Virginia Outdoors Foundation. Retrieved December 29, 2016.
- Bull Run Mountains.org website
- Virginia Outdoors Foundation
- Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation: Bull Run Mountains Natural Area Preserve
|This article related to a protected area in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Fauquier County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Prince William County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|