Type of site
|Owner||Boston Globe Media Partners|
|Created by||The Boston Globe|
|Launched||October 30, 1995|
Boston.com is a regional website that offers news and information about the Boston, Massachusetts, region.  It is owned and operated by Boston Globe Media Partners, the publisher of The Boston Globe. 
Boston.com was one of the first news websites on the public web, launched in late October 1995 by Boston Globe Electronic Publishing Inc. The domain name was purchased from the Boston-area cafe chain Au Bon Pain in exchange for print advertisements for charities chosen by Au Bon Pain's CEO. 
Since its inception, Boston.com has covered a wide range of stories of interest to people in the region. It was the primary website of The Boston Globe until late 2011.
Boston.com currently covers local, national, and international news, professional sports, weather, traffic, entertainment, and lifestyle.
On September 12, 2011, the Boston Globe launched a separate site at BostonGlobe.com that put most content from its newsroom behind a paywall.  Since that time, Boston.com has been a separate, standalone entity providing coverage of local news, sports, weather, and leisure on a free, advertising-supported platform. The two media outlets share office space at 1 Exchange Place in downtown Boston. 
- "Boston.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- "Boston Globe launches subscription web site". Reuters. 2011-09-12. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "Boston Globe Media". Boston Globe Media. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "With buyers eyeing Globe real estate, how much is in a (domain) name?". Boston.com. 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- LLC, Boston Globe Media Partners (2017-12-12), Boston.com, Boston Globe Media Partners, LLC, retrieved 2018-02-20
- "Boston.com on the App Store". App Store. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "The Boston Globe Launches A Beautiful, Brand New Paywall Website". Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "59 years after leaving Newspaper Row, Globe returns to downtown - The Boston Globe". BostonGlobe.com. Retrieved 2018-02-20.