The Board of Regents, State of Iowa (commonly referred to as the Iowa Board of Regents) is the 9-member governing body overseeing the three public universities in the state of Iowa: the University of Iowa, Iowa State University, and the University of Northern Iowa. The board also serves the Iowa School for the Deaf and the Iowa Braille and Sight Saving School, the state's two public special schools.
The board has nine members. Under state law, one of the regents must be a student of one of the three public universities, and no more than five members can be of the same political affiliation or gender. 
The current members of the Board of Regents are as follows:
|Name||Current city||Occupation||Political affiliation||Term ends|
|Michael Richards (board president)||West Des Moines||Physician and Businessman||Republican ||2021|
|Patricia Cownie (president pro tem)||Des Moines||public servant||Republican ||2021|
|Sherry Bates||Scranton||Retired social worker||Independent ||2023|
|Nancy Boettger||Des Moines||Retired farmer and educator||Republican||2023|
|Milt Dakovich||Waterloo||Construction business owner||Republican ||2019|
|Rachael Johnson||Cedar Falls||UNI student||Independent||2021|
|Nancy Dunkel||Dubuque||Retired banker and former Iowa House member||Democrat ||2023|
|Larry McKibben||Marshalltown||Attorney and former state senator||Republican||2019|
|Jim Lindenmayer||Ottumwa||Former community college president||Independent||2019|
- "2010 – 2016 Strategic Plan" (PDF). Board of Regents, State of Iowa. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Charis-Carlson, Jeff (1 May 2017). "Iowa Regents tap Michael Richards to replace Rastetter as next president". The Des Moines Register. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- Miller, Vanessa (22 December 2014). "Sherry Bates to fill Nicole Carroll vacancy on Iowa Board of Regents". The Cedar Rapids Gazette. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Krogstad, Jens Manuel (4 June 2013). "Branstad announces two Regents picks". The Des Moines Register. Archived from the original on 20 March 2015. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Miller, Vanessa (1 March 2017). "Two new members to join Board of Regents". The Cedar Rapids Gazette. Retrieved 28 May 2017.