Black Canyon Wilderness (Nevada) Information
|Black Canyon Wilderness|
|Location||Clark County, Nevada, United States|
BLACK CANYON WILDERNESS (NEVADA) Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||17,220 acres (6,970 ha)|
|Established||November 6, 2002|
|Governing body||National Park Service|
The Black Canyon Wilderness in the state of Nevada is a 17,220-acre (6,970 ha) wilderness area located in the Dry Lake Watershed along Dry Lake Valley at Black Canyon of the Colorado, west of the Great Basin Divide. It is part of the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Immediately to the south is the El Dorado Wilderness, in the El Dorado Mountains. Together, the two wilderness areas protect 49,170 acres (19,900 ha).    
- "Black Canyon Wilderness". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "Black Canyon Wilderness". Wilderness.net. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- "Black Canyon Wilderness". Friends of Nevada Wilderness. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- "Eldorado Wilderness" (PDF). Bureau of Land Management. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- "Clark County Conservation of Public Land and Natural Resources Act of 2002" (PDF). U.S. Congress. November 6, 2002. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- Black Canyon Wilderness - Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Information on Black Canyon Wilderness and its natural history, includes map & photos
|This Nevada state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|