|Will Friend, CEO|
Mark Bisnow, Founder
Ryan Begelman, Former CEO & Co-Owner
Elliott Bisnow, Co-Founder
Number of employees
Bisnow Media, also known as Bisnow, is a multi-platform digital media company that produces news and live events. Founded in 2005, Bisnow Media is owned by private equity firm Wicks Group  and has offices in New York and Washington, D.C. with 75 full-time employees.  Covering 27 metropolitan markets across the U.S., Canada and the U.K. with a subscriber base of over 600,000, Bisnow is one of the largest producers of commercial real estate news and events.   Bisnow also organizes approximately 250 annual events attracting approximately 70,000 attendees. The company's publications have been described as similar to Business Insider, covering topics such as real estate, technology and businesses with a slight irreverence similar to BuzzFeed.  
The company was founded in 2005 by Mark Bisnow, a DC lawyer, business executive, and radio talk show host, who had become known for irreverent "Bisnow on Business" radio spots on the local all-news station and active involvement in local business organizations and philanthropies.   Bisnow wanted to take advantage of the new economics and reading habits of the Internet age to provide timelier, lighter, and more personality-focused news fare than traditionally available, and deliver it to niche business audiences. 
Elliot Bisnow, Mark Bisnow's son, helped the company redesign the format of its newsletters and as a result he later became a member of the board.[ citation needed] Mark Bisnow was named Chairman when he turned over the CEO position to Ryan Begelman, previously the COO of Bisnow  and also co-founder of Summit Series.  Will Friend was named CEO of Bisnow in January 2015. 
By the end of 2012, Bisnow generated $11 million in revenue amounting to a 70 percent compounded three-year growth rate.  The following year, Bisnow partnered with Peter Linneman, the Wharton School real estate program founder, to launch a video education series.  By the end of 2013, the company was operating in 22 markets and producing 31 newsletters.  Bisnow has been included on Crain's New York Business' list of the fastest growing companies in New York for 2013 and 2014.  
In May 2016, Bisnow Media was acquired by Wicks Group, a private equity firm based in New York, for an estimated $50 million. 
Bisnow produces industry-specific e-newsletters highlighting news and information primarily for commercial real estate professionals. The company distributes its e-newsletters to over 600,000 subscribers. 
The company also produces business-related events and retreats. These invite-only programs include activities from real estate forums to interpersonal bonding activities such as meditation, martial arts, and jet pack excursions. The events have also featured experts on topics such as the arts, philanthropy, relationships, technology, and futurism.   Additionally, Bisnow offers educational videos with Peter Linneman. 
- "Value Added: Mark Bisnow's business is buzz". The Washington Post. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- Hansen, Drew (5 May 2016). "Bisnow purchased for a reported $50 million". Washington Business Journal. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "2013 Fast 50: No. 12 Bisnow Media". Crain's New York Business. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Patrick Clark (July 22, 2013). "The Guys Putting Jet Packs on Commercial Real Estate Brokers". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Bill Mickey (October 28, 2014). "Bisnow's New Site Is Like Buzzfeed and Vox and Thrillist and…". Folio Magazine. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Leslie Milk (August 1, 2006). "The Unsinkable Mark Bisnow". Washingtonian. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Annie Gowen (January 4, 2010). "Bisnow brings other young entrepreneurs together in Summit Series". The Washington Post. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Will Sommer (April 8, 2013). "Mark Bisnow, of Bisnow Fame, Steps Down as CEO". Washington City Paper. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Startup Summit Group buys a mountain. October 28, 2013. Wired.co.uk. Retrieved November 4, 2015
- Bisnow Bios. Bisnow Media. Retrieved November 4, 2015
- Anna Sekula (June 12, 2013). "Top 50 Innovative Event Pros 2013: Elliot Bisnow & Ryan Befelman". BizBash. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Bill Mckey (August 29, 2013). "B-to-B Media Company Bisnow Takes Its Fun Seriously". Folio Magazine. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- "Bisnow Presents The Capital Revolution: Real Estate Crowdfunding Explained by Fundrise". Fundrise. October 1, 2014. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Elizabeth McBride (October 12, 2014). "No. 38 Bisnow Media". Crain's New York Business. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Griffith, Erin (5 May 2016). "Here's Proof Media Startups Can Succeed Without Venture Capital". Fortune Magazine. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- Joe Stampone (January 19, 2015). "How to Think Like a Real Estate Professional- The Peter Linneman Bisnow Video Series". A Student of the Real Estate Game. Retrieved February 20, 2015.