Meyer with the New Orleans Baby Cakes in 2018
|Born: January 30, 1993|
|June 7, 2018, for the Miami Marlins|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2018 season)
|Earned run average||10.42|
Meyer attended Totino-Grace High School in Fridley, Minnesota and played college baseball at the University of Minnesota. In 2015, as a senior at Minnesota, he was 4-6 with a 4.31 ERA. In 288 total innings pitched for Minnesota over for years, he struck out 219 and compiled a 3.07 ERA.  After his senior year, the Miami Marlins selected Meyer in the 25th round of the 2015 MLB draft  and he signed.
After signing, Meyer made his professional debut in June for the GCL Marlins. He was promoted to the Jupiter Hammerheads later in the month and the Greensboro Grasshoppers in August. In 35 relief innings pitched between the three clubs, he was 1-2 with a 2.57 ERA. In 2016, he played for Greensboro where he pitched to a 4-11 record and a 3.62 ERA in 33 games (ten starts), and in 2017, he played with both Greensboro and Jupiter, compiling a 6-3 record with a 2.02 ERA and a 0.93 WHIP in 32 games (12 starts), striking out 134 batters in 111.1 innings. After the season, he played in the Arizona Fall League.  He began 2018 with the New Orleans Baby Cakes.
Miami promoted Meyer to the major leagues on June 6, 2018.  In ten starts for New Orleans prior to his promotion, he was 3-4 with a 4.09 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP.  He made his major league debut on June 7, pitching one scoreless inning of relief against the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium. 
- "Three Gophers Selected in MLB Draft".
- "Three Gophers pitchers taken in Major League Baseball draft". 9 June 2015.
- "Marlins' Braxton Lee, Ben Meyer impress in AFL". MLB.com.
- "Ben Meyer called up by Marlins for bullpen". MLB.com.
- "Ben Meyer Stats, Highlights, Bio". MiLB.com. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- "Former Rox Player Makes MLB Debut". knsiradio.com.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)