Location of Bellefonte in New Castle County, Delaware.
BELLEFONTE DELAWARE Latitude and Longitude:
|• Total||0.18 sq mi (0.46 km2)|
|• Land||0.18 sq mi (0.46 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||184 ft (56 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||6,655.37/sq mi (2,566.64/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 ( Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer ( DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||213628 |
Bellefonte is located at  The town is roughly centered at the intersection of Brandywine Blvd. and Bellefonte Ave.(39.7662246, -75.5093647).
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Bellefonte has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps. 
|U.S. Decennial Census |
As of the census  of 2000, there were 1,249 people, 537 households, and 325 families residing in the town. The population density was 7,102.7 people per square mile (2,679.1/km²). There were 551 housing units at an average density of 3,133.4 per square mile (1,181.9/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 95.92% White, 2.40% African American, 0.64% Asian, 0.56% from other races, and 0.48% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.20% of the population.
There were 537 households out of which 28.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.4% were married couples living together, 10.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 39.3% were non-families. 32.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.33 and the average family size was 3.00.
In the town, the population was spread out with 23.5% under the age of 18, 5.0% from 18 to 24, 35.0% from 25 to 44, 21.1% from 45 to 64, and 15.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females, there were 93.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.1 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $49,231, and the median income for a family was $59,375. Males had a median income of $37,723 versus $30,078 for females. The per capita income for the town was $22,661. About 2.1% of families and 4.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.9% of those under age 18 and 6.7% of those age 65 or over.
Brandywine Boulevard serves as the main street through Bellefonte, passing southwest-northeast through the town. U.S. Route 13 Business (Philadelphia Pike) passes along the northwestern edge of Bellefonte, heading northeast to Claymont and southwest to Wilmington. Delaware Route 3 passes to the west of Bellefonte and provides access to Interstate 95 to the north and Interstate 495 to the south in Edgemoor. The nearest train station to Bellefonte is the Wilmington station, which is served by Amtrak and SEPTA Regional Rail's Wilmington/Newark Line.  DART First State provides bus service to Bellefonte along Route 31, which passes through the town along Brandywine Boulevard along its route between the Wilmington station and the Claymont station serving SEPTA Regional Rail's Wilmington/Newark Line; Route 13, which follows Philadelphia Pike along the northwestern edge of town on its route between the Walmart on Wilton Boulevard in New Castle and the Tri-State Mall in Claymont via Wilmington; and Route 4, which begins at the Village at Fox Point Apartments just southeast of Bellefonte and heads west to Wilmington and Prices Corner. 
Delmarva Power, a subsidiary of Exelon, provides electricity and natural gas to Bellefonte.   Suez Delaware, a subsidiary of Suez North America, provides water to Bellefonte.  Sewer service in Bellefonte is provided by New Castle County. Trash and recycling collection in Bellefonte is provided under contract by Waste Industries. 
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 25, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Bellefonte". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "The Delaware Census State Data Center". delaware.gov. Archived from the original on December 31, 2016. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census profile: Bellefonte, DE". Census Reporter. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- "Bellefonte, Delaware Köppen Climate Classification (Weatherbase)". Weatherbase. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Delaware Department of Transportation (2008). Delaware Official Transportation Map (PDF) (Map). Dover: Delaware Department of Transportation.
- "Routes and Schedules". DART First State. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Service Territory". Delmarva Power. Archived from the original on 2014-05-25. Retrieved August 15, 2017.
- "Gas Delivery Service Area". Delmarva Power. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Geographic Information (Map). New Castle County, Delaware. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "2018 Waste Industries Recycle Pickup" (PDF). Town of Bellefonte, Delaware. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bellefonte, Delaware.|