Aviation in Florida Information
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. ( Learn how and when to remove these template messages)( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Aviation in Florida|
|Aviation in the United States|
Florida State Flag
|Commercial – primary||20|
|Commercial – non-primary||22|
|Other public-use airports||29|
|Military and other airports||24|
- January 1914 - St. Petersburg-Tampa Airboat Line becomes the first airline in the world using heavier than air vehicles.
- December 1916 - Navy takes delivery of its first airship, the DN-1
- April 1, 1926 - Florida Airways starts Commercial Air Mail (CAM) Service. 
- Sun 'n Fun airshow started in 1974
- Comp Air - Merritt Island, Florida
- Piper Aircraft - Vero Beach
- Progressive Aerodyne - Tavares, Florida
- Air Florida based in Florida from 1971 to 1984
- Red Arrow Flying Service - Chalk's Ocean Airways - Chalk's International Airlines founded in Miami in 1917. 
- National Airlines founded in 1934. 
- Florida Department of Transportation 
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration bases its aircraft at the Aircraft Operations Center in Tampa.
- Air Force Armament Museum, Valparaiso, Florida
- Air Force Space & Missile Museum, Cape Canaveral
- Airport Museum (Melbourne, Florida)
- DeLand Naval Air Station Museum, DeLand, Florida
- Fantasy of Flight, Polk City, Florida
- Florida Air Museum, Lakeland, Florida
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Merritt Island, Florida
- Kissimmee Air Museum
- National Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola, Florida
- United States Astronaut Hall of Fame, south of Titusville, Florida
- US Space Walk of Fame, Titusville, Florida
- Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum, Titusville, Florida
- Wings of Dreams Aviation Museum, Keystone Heights, Florida
- Wings Over Miami, Tamiami Airport, Miami
- Lynn M. Homan, Thomas Reilly. Wings Over Florida.
- James C. Clark. 200 Quick Looks at Florida History. p. 73.
- Lynn M. Homan. Wings over Florida. p. 46.
- Lynn M. Homan. Wings over Florida. p. 43.
- Scott Taylor Hartzell. Remembering St. Petersburg, Florida: More Sunshine City Stories. p. 83.
- John Forney Rudy (November 1938). "Florida Sprouts Wings". Flying Magazine.
- "FDOT". Archived from the original on 25 June 1998. Retrieved 1 April 2015.