|Ashland State Park|
The spillway below the reservoir dam
|Location||Ashland, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States|
ASHLAND STATE PARK Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||472 acres (191 ha) |
|Elevation||230 ft (70 m) |
|Governing body||Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation|
|Website||Ashland State Park|
Ashland State Park is a public recreation area surrounding the 157-acre (64 ha) Ashland Reservoir in the town of Ashland, Massachusetts. The state park's 472 acres (191 ha) incorporate the entire shoreline of the reservoir which is abutted by the Warren Conference Center and Inn, Camp Winnetaska, a former Girl Scouts of America camp, and residential houses. The park is managed by the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation. 
The park was created when the Ashland Reservoir, which was completed in 1895, was taken out of service in 1947.  The reservoir's dam and spillway are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The park's trails are used for hiking, bicycling, and cross-country skiing. The park has wheelchair-accessible restrooms, picnic grounds and swimming beach in addition to a ramp for motorized and non-motorized boating and fishing. It is staffed seasonally. 
On August 24, 2016, an ultralight helicopter crashed into the Ashland Reservoir after experiencing engine trouble. No one was injured when the craft submerged in water up to 30 feet deep some 200 to 300 yards offshore. 
- "Ashland State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "2012 Acreage Listing" (PDF). Department of Conservation and Recreation. April 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Ashland State Park". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- "Sudbury Reservoir". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- Ishkanian, Ellen (November 10, 2012). "Ashland State Park reopening next year". Boston.com. Globe Newspaper Company. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- McGagh, Ken (June 22, 2013). "Ashland State Park reopens". MetroWest Daily News. Framingham, Mass.: GateHouse Media. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- "Matthew McConaughey in Ashland for movie". MetroWest Daily News. Framingham, Mass.: GateHouse Media. August 18, 2014. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- Miller, Norman (August 25, 2016). "Aircraft crashes in reservoir at Ashland State Park". MetroWest Daily News. Framingham, Mass.: GateHouse Media. Retrieved October 3, 2016.